My friend's dogs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
I got a new camera for graduation, and went to myfriend Laura'shouse yesterday. Shehas two Great Danes and two Greyhounds: Macy (female blue Dane), Bubba (female brindle Dane), Weeko (female brindle Greyhound) and Cheech (male yellow and white Greyhound). I love visiting them to live vicariously as a dog owner for awhile ;)

2490971604_0a112b4d82.jpg

2490153993_50b3e6453d.jpg

2491327751_ce41749466.jpg

2492204232_1205d56505.jpg

2489981709_4b343d7a88.jpg

2492147262_db28b65e36.jpg

2492172208_a5ffb11083.jpg

2492147478_ba5b15ab00.jpg

2492204498_9c3f36bc3a.jpg

2490799354_c7f11b9f2c.jpg

AH Cheech looks like my Greyhound Miss Tilly!! She was so special - I love Greyhounds they have the goofiest personalities, the dogs are beautiful and you took some GREAT pictures!! Really great :)Thanks for sharing!

I love Greyhounds and I go to PetsMart on adoption days sometimes just to pet them :). Ryan and I decided that when we buy a house in a few years, we will be fostering Greyhounds through the rescue here...and adopt one that we fall in love with.

undergunfire - a Greyhound would be my dream dog, and I also hope to adopt one someday :)

Unless things have changed you will not be allowed to have a greyhound from a rescue if you have rabbits. Greyhounds have an EXTREMELY high prey drive and the two are not a good combination. My brother in law and his wife were going to adopt one and the rescue had told them they would first have to be rid of all of their "small animals"...no cats, rabbits, guineas none of that.

What beautiful photos...and what great personalities shine through in those dogs! I especially love the third photo from the top. :)

Oh, and if you're weird like me...look at the dog in the first photo, only...look at it upside down. Hilarious! :D

nermal71 wrote:
Unless things have changed you will not be allowed to have a greyhound from a rescue if you have rabbits. Greyhounds have an EXTREMELY high prey drive and the two are not a good combination. My brother in law and his wife were going to adopt one and the rescue had told them they would first have to be rid of all of their "small animals"...no cats, rabbits, guineas none of that.

Yes, that's true about Greys and rabbits. I think rescues tend to be more flexible about cats; in addition to the dogs, Laura has three cats and there are no problems. My understanding is that rescues test the dogs for cat-friendliness and so it's possible for the two to coexist.

I certainly hope so, because my cats are all under 5 years old and will be around for awhile ;)

I know they had changed things quite a bit. This was probably 15 years ago. And they said it was easier to adopt a baby than it was a greyhound. But back then really only ones rescued and adopted out were from racetracks. And well we know how that is :(

Back