My Flemish Giant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunnyBabbitRabbitry

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my new Blue Jr Buck Flemish Giant. Sorry he isn't posed or anything he really wanted to run around some more, not get his pic taken.

I am thinking of showing him, maybe. He has a problem where one ear sorta hangs lower when heis relaxed, if you know about flemish let me know what you think.

100_1288.jpg

I am not sure. He is only 5 months old this week. They said his mom and dad were around 15lbs. So I figure he has some growing to do.

Such a handsome boy! His ear may pick up as he matures. And as long as he has control over it (picks it up to listen or can hold it up when he wants to) it'll be OK.

How are his toenail colors? Any white nails? (Can't show with white nails on a blue). You posed him well, his rise looks good for such a youngster!

He has time to grow up... 5 months is young and a lot of the boys seem to grow slower than the girls.

Sadly Q, my Flemish Giant passed away this morning. He became sick on Friday. I had great help in trying to get him well from a local Flemish Giant breeder. Q seemed to be getting well but he was just gone this morning.

:bigtears::rip:

He seemed to just be lazy and tired, I didn't think anything of it. Then as I got closer to him I could smell him, it was awful he had gotten diarrhea. I cleaned him up, I didn't use water, didn't want to get him cold. Then I called as many people as I could until I got an answer. Then the local Flemish Giant breeder called me a told me of a med that works well, my local feed store didn't have it and I had no time to get to another, so I went to the breeders house and got some. I came home and gave it to him. This was all Friday night. Saturday I had a show, so I checked on him and gave him his meds again on Sat morning. Then as soon as I got back from the show I checked on him. He had not had diaharra at all on Sat. On Sunday he had eaten some oats and was drinking normal. He even pooped, it was quite normal but wasn't diaharra. I thought he was improving. I gave him the meds like I was told. Then Monday morning when I went to check he was just gone. He didn't have anything to eat that would've made him sick. I have no clue what happened to him. He seemed fine on Thursday.

He was really an awesomerabbit,I would let him run around while I fed and he would follow me around and pull on my pants leg to get petted. I know I didn't have him long but I have been waiting fora Flemish since I got rabbits and so I was so excited about him.He was really just a cool rabbit.

What jumps out in your description is the fact that the diarrhea and he smelled. I'd guess he got coccidiosis, and that can be difficult to deal with. I'm very sorry on your loss. I know how wonderful they are and what great personalities they have. Losing one is difficult....:bigtears:

Latest posts

Back