my flemish broke out while i was at work and destroyed my home!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerchick

Reaction score
so happy friday everyone! hope everyone had a good week. i was having a great week until i came home. somehow, my unspayed 5 month old 25 pound flemish broke out of her nic cage, AND broke out of the nic pen around the cage and had free range of my house all day. i came home and seen furniture moved and the kitchen door closed up. i looked at my rabbit cages and seen i was missing a rabbit. i found her in my sun room. her ear seems to have bites on it i have 4 cats and i don't know if she tried to take on a cat. she was never agressive before, and generally my cats run away from her because shes bigger than them. i put her back in her cage, and then discovered the damage:

-chewed computer cord $128 to replace
-chewed stereo power cord $$ ???
-2 chewed plug in lamps/light
-chewed tv and xbox power cord
-chewed cat litter (EWW)
-chewed up garbage (she somehow got into the garbage bin)
-she chewed every single paper in the house (including school/work papers)
-she unrolled and chewed my toilet paper and went through that garbage

surprisingly, she didn't use everything has a bathroom. she just destroyed everything. i'm concerned about what she ingested but she seems pretty normal, i think she just chewed it up. my power cord for the computer was sparking and i was terrified she could have started a fire when i was gone!

anyway, she is getting neutered on wednesday. $320.00 later

i have been planning on spaying her for a while, the last few weeks she has been out of control. she lives with my neutered new zealand hank and my lop mix sophie who are laid back loving rabbits who are so well behaved. the three of them are very loving with each other. hank and sophie stayed in their cage the whole time my flemish dayl was out. she started grabbing her food bowl and water bowl everytime i filled them up. she would grab them out of the holders and dump them. she is a strong rabbit and these bowls are as big as i can get. she does it through the night and through the day. i get up 2-5 times a night to replenish their bowls, because of the 3 of them share these bowls, i don't want to make the others go without food or water just because my flemish dumps them. its not like they don't get enough out time. my trio get roam around the house when i'm home and all 6 of my rabbits have at least 4 hours pen time a day.

good thing i love her! :p

ahhhhhh the joys of rabbit ownership :p

003-68.jpg

010-59.jpg

My Sweetie bun got behind the couch the other day and found the DS charger that has been missing. Which would have been great if he hadn't also decided to chew completely through it while I was trying to find him, LOL

I was watching tv with my son, 14, I asked him what happened to the legs of his jeans ... yep, bunnies. The girls have chewed up my sofa covers, a pillow, a bed pillow (this they shredded) our tv remotes, shoes, brooms and dustpans. Why do I have them again?

Oh, my Curly guy was neutered almost weeks ago, he is now losing hair, like near bald patches. Cookie Monster did the same thing about 2 weeks after being fixed but has longer hair. And Curly bit two of our cats, who happened to be sleeping on the sofa with the kid in the bunny chewed jeans. I am bad, I laughed hysterically, the boy was ... IS ready to be a bunny free household lol.

LOL! So familiar, I have a become very good at splicing and replacing cords. The love holes in the clothes are hard, but I have a few sets of bunny clothes now. A good soldering iron is a great tool. PS Heat-shrink for the win.

as for the computer power cord and things if you cant splice them go onto ebay. i had to replace power cords for my lap top 3 times now due to being chewed on by the dogs,or chinchillas. my one rabbit chewed the cord clean through for my cordless vaccum. so my husband repaired it. the cord is now half the length it was but at least it works. rabbits are good pets but wow i am glad mine dont get out of their cages or we would be in lots of trouble.

Scamp got the toaster wire last night, jumped on the kitchen worktop! They are little horrors!!!

But sooo cute!

Everytime I let my Flemish out of her room, I annouce it to my husband and dog...Here comes trouble or prepare for rabbit trouble. I just can't help it she is so much fun.

Latest posts

Back