My first litter of Dutch's born in my rabbitry

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djluster

Reaction score
I got my first litter from my Dutch. She only had 2 on this litter. But I was happy with that. Since her first litter with the breeder I got her from had problems. She lost 2 of the 3 the third was fostered. Then the next time bred didn't take. But I was checking the babies about 20 minutes ago the Black on looks good and health, but the blue one seem which was the second one born seem a lttle week and lathorgic, it smaller as well so I dont know if it will make it but the other one seems good.I posted a picture of the black one, I am going to wait to post picture of the other one tell i know he is getting beter.
3 days old

sr3days1.jpg

sr3days2.jpg
L

I lost one tonight, I thought there was something wrong with it earlier before i left for work tonight, but also this one has not looked good since day one, it seemed weak and smaller the whole time, I hope the one in the picture does good and makes it.

It's a bummer to lose the one. But I Also know that I's part of raising/breeding I's that you have a chance of losing some. I am happy that the one In the picture is doing good still. The breeder I got her wasnt sure how she would do because her first litter didn't do good. So the fact she is raising this one is a good thing. I have another litter due on Wednesday.

here is its 1 week old picture. It looks better ofter a week old, I wont be posted new pictures every week just wanted to post some with more color, also his/her eyes where open today as well. It bad my kids already named this one, its name is Bullet. my son wanted to name it that since the dad's name was revolver,we don't own revolver it was the buck that the doe was bred to when I got her.I am not good at sexing at birth or sexing when older something I am still learning. so not sure what I have yet

sr3week1-3.jpg

sr3week1-4.jpg

sr3week1-5.jpg

my 2nd litter was born this morning Broiny's Lotus had 6, but 1 dead in box, which was a good thing since it back leg was not formed all the way, now I hope lotus is a good first time mom, I am very happy with this litter, It looks like from a quick look I have 4 black and one color I am not sure what it is yet. Have to look at it closer tomorrow, I like to just check my litters twice a day the first few day and not mess with them much specaily when it is there first litter

Congrats on the second litter, even though the other is a week old, if you need to you can still foster babies to the mom.

So a week apart is ok, I wasn't sure. Also the other mom seems to be going really good because it I's her first that hopefully she goes all the way With. She had trouble her first litter with milk but seems to be feeding bullet ok

Latest posts

Back