My female chews on everything

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura0709

Reaction score
I don't want to keep my Sissy confined toher cage, but her chewing is destructive. I have already thrown out one couch because she basically chewed it up. Now we have another couch and she has already chewed the bottom of one side of it. She has ruined our carpets. If I confine her to one or two rooms, she still finds something to chew on. Help! I don't want to have to adopt her out.

Yes, an x-pen or homemade constructed run made from NIC panels. Rabbits chew. Maybe provide her with a cardboard box mansion (multiple boxes put together with tunnels and windows) and give her some willow and bark toys to keep her teeth trim.
Perhaps re-directing her behaviour with a quick sharp hiss when you catch her chewing? It worked for Acacia (spayed) but not for Akina (un-spayed) that might be the difference. Bunnies can be quick to learn. Immediately when she stops to chew give her praise of her preference (treat, hugs, pats)
Good luck!! I hope this doesn't mean re-homing bunny. It is a totally controllable behavior :) Best of luck!

I definitely don't want to rehome her, but my husband is fed up. I am going to try some of these ideas. She does love heavy cardboard boxes; she's not interested in a lot of toys I have bought her. Just something where I can divert her attention. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back