My dog would like to have me committed.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexah

Reaction score
My 6 year old rat terrier, Mackenzie, has it in for me. She is driving me literally out of my mind and if I don't vent here, well, I think I may spontaneously combust!

She is not housebroken. I mean, she is -- well, no, she's not. I don't know. See?! I can't even think straight. She knows to go to the bathroom outside, but she just decides not to for the heck of it. She prefers the basement floor for some odd reason. Either that or she just likes to mess with me. In short, she is a pain in my rear!

She is a rescue and I've had her for about, I don't know, maybe three months? We worked with her quite a bit since she didn't understand that she could go to the bathroom while not on a leash. Our yard is fenced in and we just let the dogs out back to do their business. She, however, seemed confused so it took some time to get her used to going out back. And she learned it, too. But now we're back to her going outside, doing nothing, trotting downstairs, and leaving a mess. Grr!

:banghead.

She is fully capable of going out back because we've seen her do it. She even did well for a few weeks and had no accidents in the house. But now she's doing it again inside. I walk her on the leash and she'll go, but then go again five minutes later...in the basement. We've had her checked out to eliminate some kind of urinary tract issue, but she's healthy except for her strange desire to go to the bathroom in the house. The vet says she's just a handful. Yeah, we kind of already knew that!

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? We already keep her on a leash for part of the day since she needs remedial house training, but what else can we do? Thank goodness it's the basement and not the living room carpet, but, still, I hate cleaning up after her and I need help.

You know, it's a good thing she's cute. (She's in my avatar pic.)

Latest posts

Back