My dog was hit by a car

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay!!!! I hope that Eden gets to come home. Home is the best place when they aren't well.

Yea! :bunnydance:

Make sure she pees before you put her in the car when you bring her home. ;)

What the heck, maybe she will be too excited when she see you and pees in the vets office. :p

Hooray! I'm glad she's okay! Way to go, Eden. That must have been so scary for all of you. You will have to share some photos of the happy to be alive pooch :)

I'm so glad to hear that she's alright!
At the vet where I work we sometimes have animals that are really picky and refuse to pee in our parking lot where we walk them.

Thaks again for all of the caring posts.
I'm so glad I'm part of this herd!

Eden is home with us now.

It's been a very very long and emotionally exhausting day.

She pretty banged up. There's a nasty cut over her eye and several cuts and abrasions on her legs. Her whole body must ache.
She had peed just before we picked her up...yay! She drank a bunch when she got home and then went for a walk and peed again. She ate like she hadn't eaten in days, too.
She's having problems getting up on the bed and couch...and she's slow on the stairs. Not surprised at any of this.

Right now she's settled in on the bed covered up with a blankie...hasn't moved much in an hour or so.

I think she'll be okay. She just needs some time and TLC to let her body heal.
Tomorrow we start the pain meds and antibiotics.

To add insult to injury, the lady that hit her called us and wanted to know how we wanted to pay for the damage to her SUV. She said that one of her fog lights is not working and there's some scratches on the side ofthe fender.
We told her to call her insurance company and not to bother us any more.
Imagine the nerve?!?! Poor SUV!!!
The fog light is not broken...just doesn't work...most likely burned outIMO.
And she hit Eden almost square onwith the front of the SUV, so I can't figure how there would be any scratches on the side of the fender.
The police responded, but no damage was noted on the report as far as we know. We also have a witness that saw the whole thing happen.
I'll gladly trade her for the $1500 vet bill.

JimD wrote:
To add insult to injury, the lady that hit her called us and wanted to know how we wanted to pay for the damage to her SUV. She said that one of her fog lights is not working and there's some scratches on the side ofthe fender.
We told her to call her insurance company and not to bother us any more.
Imagine the nerve?!?! Poor SUV!!!
The fog light is not broken...just doesn't work...most likely burned outIMO.
And she hit Eden almost square onwith the front of the SUV, so I can't figure how there would be any scratches on the side of the fender.
The police responded, but no damage was noted on the report as far as we know. We also have a witness that saw the whole thing happen.
I'll gladly trade her for the $1500 vet bill.
Someone is in dire need of a :censored2:slap!
:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

What a nasty nasty woman! There's a special Hell for folks like that :X

On a lighter note, very happy to hear that the Eden-puppy is doing ok!

That lady needs to stop caring about her self too much and start caring about others. I'm glad Eden is alright, that puppy is lucky to have you as mrsJimD!

Just reading this thread...thank heaven she's okay! What a traumatizing experience to go through, for both Eden and Mrs.D. Someone was certainly watching over your girl from above.

I was witness to my best friend's dog getting hit head-on by a car when we were teens. Snoopy had jumped over a hedge (while leashed) but was running so quickly that my friend lost her grip on the lead and he wound up in the middle of the road, just as a car was speeding past. The car was going so quickly that Snoopy got knocked forward, then fell underneath the car. Unfortunately his leash got hung up on the underpinnings and he was dragged several hundred yards...the driver, when realizing he'd hit a dog (and saw us standing there in horror) stepped on the gas and took off. The leash finally unhooked itself and we ran for Snoopy, who was lying motionless in the road. Yet after all of that, he walked out of the vet clinic having been diagnosed with nothing more than a few bruises and a cut. The sight of it all, however, is something I haven't forgotten in all these years...or that horrible, horrible feeling in the moments after it happened. So I'm sending big :hug: to you both, and especially to Eden. Tell that girl of yours to heal quickly!

(As for the driver of the car that hit her, well...some people tend to value material things over animals; I just feel sad for all that they miss in life...)

I apologize , Jim for not responding to see this thread sooner; I missed it. :(

I am so very glad that your pup is OK :)and I am so sorry that Idid notgive you support when you needed it.

I have 2 dogs and although I never really talk about them they are enormously important to me; I cannot imagine what you have been through .:hug:

AnywayI am so happy that this turned out OK and please give your little guy hugs :pet:and from me.

Maureen

I am glad she's going to be ok. That lady has some nerve! Living in the city I've unfortunately just accepted that it's easier to hate people in general unless otherwise proven to be exceptional -- and this still takes me by surprise just how awful people can be to other people. it is very discouraging :( I hope that the positive vibes from RO somehow cancels that horrible lady's lack of compassion.

Latest posts

Back