My day was weird yesterday...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
OK, yesterday was weird. It started out normal; I went to work, had a fairly uneventful, if not slow, day. I get a call at 2:00pm at work from Will. He has to go over to Mary and Meredith's house (they are our roommate's parents and our personal friends) because Meredith crashed the car... into his porch. Actually, he ran inside quick, with the car off, to get something. He forgot to put the parking brake on, and the car is a manual transmission. It started rolling down the slight (extremely slight) incline, then crashed over a three foot drop into the garden, then halfway over another three foot drop onto the patio. The car took out a support to their upstairs deck.

Well, I got off of work at 2:30pm, so I meandered on over to see what happened. I won't even say anymore, but the pictures say it all! :)

So, Will, Sean (our roommate), and Meredith (Sean's dad) created this rediculous jury-rigged ramp out of wood for the car to roll down. The frame of the car was caught on the concrete retaining wall. It took a few hours, but they did eventually get it down. The car still works and everything, minus some body work and a broken bumper.

In the middle of the car fiasco, we heard that Sean's brother, Tim, shot a nice 8-point buck while bow hunting. I will enclose a picture link of that, too. It made the day even weirder. When we saw it, they had already removed the head to have mounted, and the hide was gone, too. So, they had this huge deer hanging upside down in the garage and were cutting the fat off of it so they could get the meat for grinding. Very surreal!

Anyways, here are the pictures!

The view from the driveway (looking downhill):
1019250.jpg

Side view:
1019249.jpg

Front view:
1019248.jpg

With the blocks in place:
1019269.jpg

WARNING! The link for the picture of the deer is below. Please keep in mind, it was already beheaded, its skin taken off, and they were starting to process it. It would be considered graphic to some. (Also, if you choose to look at it, that is your choice. Don't tell me I'm sick for posting it, because you're the one who looked after the warning.) :p

HERE is the link for the picture of the deer. The guy bending over is Sean's brother. He's about 6'2" tall. It was a BIG deer (keep in mind, they had already taken a lot of fat and some meat off of it by the time I got there).

Oh, and a random picture of Regiford with lettuce on his head!
1019245.jpg

WOW what a day u had omg I cant imagine :) and the deer to me looks fine since all my family hunts...thats a very common site

Some people are touchy with the subject of hunting. Since deer are cute animals, and a lot of people on here like cute animals. I figured it would just be better to "hide" the picture. I didn't want to offend anyone. My dad used to take me hunting, so I know how to field dress a deer, but yeah. I didn't want to gross anyone out!

I'm a true farm girl...not too much bothers me, well the allergies do...lol

ETA: But I can understand where other could b put off.

Wow what a crash! Thank goodness no one was in the car, they might have gotten a bit beat up.

Thats a nice looking deer, I am used to seeing skinned deer. My brother hunts and I would always walk into his shed unsuspecting of the skinned and headless deer hanging upside down!

Uh I am so offended:biggrin2:JK. And could you ship some of that deer to texas

I have not had deer sense I was a kid I love it.

Thank you for not putting the picture of the deer here!

My grandpa was a hunter, he bled deer in our garage, cleaned fish and birds on the patio, but I still think seeing dead animals is gross. I also can't stand the taste of any wild game at all. Nasty!!

Latest posts

Back