my daughter had a minor accident last night..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bat42072

Reaction score
she was backing out of a parking spot last night after school and she backed into a car( afellow student) ... more damage was done to my daughters car than the other... so the lady told her not to worry about it... my daughter made her exchange phone numbers (just in case) daughter said there was only minor scratch on the other car... well the lady called today and says she had a dent on her car and now she wants it fixed( i havbe no problem with that) ... I wish there was a police report.. but they didn't bother calling for an officer... so now our insurance is going to go up... I already pay$233. a month... I want to strangle my daughter(not really) ... I just wish this woman would have said something last night instead of waiting until today. before we fixed daughters bumper... thank god it was plastic and pulled right back out,..

sorry... just needed to rant

That sucks.

I was rear ended last winter. Its totally a hassle that no one wants to deal with.

If the damage is minor ask the lady to get an estimate and it might be better/cheaper not to go through insurance. I know when I was hit it was just a minor scratch on the bumper. We gave the guy the choice of just giving us money or going through insurance. He chose to just give us the money as it would have been more expensive to go through insurance.

I think you gave me bad karma or something.

Tonight on my way home from work I rear ended the car in front of me... at a top speed of about 2 mph in stop and go traffic. sigh

Tomorrow I'm meeting her at a repair place to pay for fixing her bumper. The only damage to my car was to my license plate frame.

I'm mostly upset because I'm stressed with getting ready to finish my job and go back to school and seeing my friends before I go and all and this is one of those things I just really don't need to do.

I am sorry... my husband is going to go see the damages tonight... daughter saw it yesterday ... she has a big dent in the drivers door... if its as big as my daughter says ...how come they couldn't see it but could see the scratch... I think she went home and got someone to put a dent in her car(she stated the night it happened that she just got her car back after having it repaired from another accident) ... it was dark but they could see the scratch in the street light but not a dent? It was the lady who said not to worry that it is just a scratch and that my daughters car has more damage... and the next day she calls saying that she has a dent in her car and she is a single mother of 3 and only has one car and she needs to take care of it... I smell something fishy... I know my daughters at fault and I don't have a problem getting the ladys car fixed ... I just wished they called a police officer and got a blue report so we would know the dent is from the accident and not done later...

I took a picture of the damage last night.

$562 later though, I wish I'd done some more damage. three little screw marks doesn't feel like $562 worth of damage, but they have to replace the whole bumper.

Its crazy how much fixing a car can cost. Another time we were rear ended on our crappy 1997 ford station wagon. There was only a small paint scratch visible. It didn't dent as the bumper was plastic and it bounced back out. We took it to get an estimate and it would have cost 1100$ to fix it! I guess the foam core inside the bumper was damaged from the dent and they would have to replace the whole bumper(plastic and foam core). So even if there isn't much visible damage it can still be a lot of work to fix the car as whole panels might need to be replaced or painted.

They make the cars now so they crumple on impact. Its safer for you in accidents but it makes getting them repaired a lot more costly. We need to bring back the big boat cars with the metal bumpers. We used to have an '75 Chrysler and that thing was a beast. You could ram into a poll and nothing would happen :p

missyscove wrote:
I took a picture of the damage last night.

$562 later though, I wish I'd done some more damage. three little screw marks doesn't feel like $562 worth of damage, but they have to replace the whole bumper.

That's not too bad for replacing a bumper. A couple years ago, I was in a fender-bender, that was the other person's fault. Ended up costing nearly $1500, plus a rental car for a week. I went through the girl's insurance, though, as it was clear negligence on her fault. She looked about 16, had a friend in the passenger seat with her, neither had a seat belt on. She pulled out in front of me, and I hit my brakes but couldn't avoid hitting her. My bumper and one headlight were taken out, and whatever holds the bumper on was bent. There were also some paint scratches that needed touching-up. Additionally, my car had a gas-line cut-off, so I had to have it towed (on a Saturday night), and was without my car for 3 days until the shop could reset the cut-off.

I hit her car in the driver's side wheel, which was bent out at an angle, so something was damaged there, too. (I was going the speed limit in a 45mph zone.)

Idecided that her daddy needed to be paying a little more insurance if she was going to be driving. Plus they got a ticket from the cops. :nasty:

Latest posts

Back