My daddy..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
Yanno.. alot has happened in the last 2 days.. anger.. hatred.. pissiness.. is that even a word?

They just sent Eddie and Kim to fetch me. My daddy died.

Instead of combing my hair I am typing.

I guess I think .. I dont know what I think.

Yanno, if you stare at a computer screen, and make your eyes like really really huge.. it doesnt stop the tears..it never does, so I am not sure why I am even doing it.

Anyway..love you guys..

Oh God, Hun...I'm so sad to hear that...

I hope you're okay...:tears2: :hug:

I'm so sorry :(

I thought he was doing ok.

Oh man. I am so sorry.

my sympathies to you at this time, I can only hope you will be alright, hugs to you and your family,

Wish I could help.....

:purplepansy:

I'm so sorry... My condolences....You've had it rough... Hugs to you and your family.... :tears2:

Thank ya'll so much..

Just popping in for a bit, I am about to take a nap.

We decided to do all his arrangements beforehand, but I found out today how cheap my Daddy really was. When quoted the price for a monument.. he exclaimed "D**NIT"
My mom said he thought it would be cheaper to make a 2 by 4 cross and just Sharpie his name on it, and when it faded out.. redo it, and we can even get different colored Sharpies for the Holidays. He also thought a hefty bag would suit him just fine.

I totally can see my Dad sayin that..seriously.

I will be out of pocket for the next few days.. Services are Thursday at 10 am..I dunno how many of ya'll are Catholic, but we have a viewing, and a rosary, or I think it's called a wake for other religions, then because of our Cajun heritage, afterwards we usually have a big party/BBQ. Sounds odd.. a party, but we talk about the person, bring pictures, share stories, get plastered and see people we havnt seen in years. Shame it has to be under these circumstances.

The one thing I do regret.. I dunno if regret is the right word.. I am an only child. My parents adopted me. My dad had 8 brothers and sisters and they all had at LEAST 7 kids apiece. So it's just me and my Mom, I feel naked? Like if I had a bunch of brothers or sisters.. these people could go talk to them and stuff, I honestly want to make a sign and hang it on me that says *I am great, I am sad, yes he is in a better place, yes thank you, no thank you, the kids are great, no I am not hungry, yes I know I have put on weight, yes I will tend to my mom, yes she is provided for, now go away*... cause it gets really irritating answering the same set of questions I just answered the person right before, and before them, and before them, and before them..

That sounds horrible.

2 Babies left, they are thriving.

Thanks to EVERYBODY for the emails.. considering I have been showing my butt lately. it was quite overwhelming.

When I get back, I will be the good Zin again..

Thanks again guys.

I posted most of the email to the TODAY on RO thread.

I'm sorry about your dad. I know the Catholic funeral routine well. The rosary, the viewing, the mass.....

I'll be thinking of you all.

Wow, Zin...how hard, to answer all those questions...that's the worse part of a funeral...those questions...

Hugs and lots of love to you...

Rosie*

GoinBackToCali wrote:
When I get back, I will be the good Zin again..
Oh - have we seen that one yet? :biggrin2:

Seriously though - we miss you....

Peg

Thanks so much guys..
I am so emotionally drained.

The *party* is tomorrow evening. I am dreading it. My mother and I are very reserved, we aren't ones for dramatic scenes. I honestly find it almost laughable people who never bothered to even call my dad when he was alive just cryin and hollerin and carryin on like ..well.. and old southern funeral..

My Daddy always said, "If ya can't come see me when I am alive, don't bother to come see me when I am dead."

Apparently not everybody was listenin..

My mom and I are getting on each other's last nerve, but I suspect once the intial shock wears off, that will change.

I needed some down time, and wanted to peep in here for a spell. I WAS all fine, then I read Tiny's first day in Heaven..

Just Bootyful..

I uploaded a buncha pics to the forum.. I needed the space on my media card before tomorrow night, new pics of the babies...

I appreciate everyones emails and well wishes.. I truly truly do..

And why was I a "Task Force" member 2 hours ago, and now I am a Mod Light again? I was lookin forward to gettin some sort of SWAT team attire or something..

Thanks for everything guys..

When I woke up at 9:30 am this morning - the first thing I did was pray for you and send good thoughts your way.......I'm glad to see you're able to check in with us.

Like you, I'm not only adopted - but the only child. Mom turns 80 this year (so does dad but we've not talked in years other than a short conversation a couple of years ago). I'm really dreading the time when I have to go back to Maine for mom's funeral. Its also hard cause I didn't grow up there and I don't know most of the people.

I am sorry - I meant to tell you earlier that I'm sorry for your loss....I can't begin to understand what you're going through....I've just been so out of it myself. I'll be glad when things settle down enough that you and your mom can deal with your grief without phonies around to be a pain...

Peg

LOL! Your daddy was a lot like my great grandma! She one time sent a Christmas card back to someone and said "GO TO HELL! If you can't see me and can't call me, I don't want your damned Christmas Card!" LOL! She was a firey old injun!

Hang in there.... I know it's hard.

So Task Force need bulletproof vests? I thought that was just the admiN!

Latest posts

Back