my cousin and his wife have a foster baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bat42072

Reaction score
My cousin and his wife finally have a baby to love... he is 9 months old and very adorable... they will have him for at least a year...

They had a miscarriage last year and were going to adopt a baby last year but the adoption fell thru.. they have been waiting months to foster a child .... they already adore him. they are also takeing fertility drugs to have a baby of their own...

everyone is so happy for them...

Awh thats so sweet, and it's great they're able to help out a wee bubba :) Pity you can't post pictures :( I hope the fertility treatment goes well for them.

Im happy that they are able to foster a little one and give him the love he deserves. would there a possibility that they wouldbe able to adopt him in the future? & I hope their treatment go will and it may take a few times, but tell them not to give up! That is so generous of the church to throw a baby shower, that should be a lot of fun!

Bat that is the story most of the times, where they only come with the clothes on thier back. I fostered for a very short time and most of the time that was the case with thier belongings, so we had a little assortment of clothes on hand just in case,lol.

if the baby can not be returned to the family (he has been removed several times since he was born) they will have first chance at adopting him... They love him already they have been married at least 15 years. they cannot go in much detail on his case so his family can not locate him... but family gets supervised visits 2 times a month...

bat42072 wrote:
if the baby can not be returned to the family (he has been removed several times since he was born) they will have first chance at adopting him...
Awe, poor little babe... He is only nine months and been removed several times?!!!! Breaks my heart to hear such things... I am sure he is finally receiving the love and stability he needs at this time of his life. Sending prayers to him for everything he needs at this fragile time of his life.

Best of luck to your cousin and his wife. :pray:

myheart

they had him for two nights and the first night he was up off and on all night but last night he slept thru the night and seems to be settleing in really well

Aw, that poor little boy. I hope things work out for the best and your cousin and wife get to adopt him. He deserves loving, stable parents and it doesn't sound like he would get that with his birth family. The goal here should be what's best for the child, not what's best for his bio parents.

I've considered fostering babies in the future, but I get so attached to children that I think I'd have a breakdown every time they gave the kid back to his or her parents.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Aw, that poor little boy. I hope things work out for the best and your cousin and wife get to adopt him. He deserves loving, stable parents and it doesn't sound like he would get that with his birth family. The goal here should be what's best for the child, not what's best for his bio parents.

I've considered fostering babies in the future, but I get so attached to children that I think I'd have a breakdown every time they gave the kid back to his or her parents.
From your mouth to gods ears, unfortunately this usually isnt the case, bio's are given chance after chance after chance, Thier thinking is that ultimately it is better to reunite the family. I think lots of things should be co nsidered, and if the child has been in numerous times i think it is owed to the child to give them stability if the parents cant get thier act together.

SnowyShiloh it is hard not only getting attached to the child but dealing with bio families and the system. You have to go along with what they say, and you really dont get to much say into things which can be frustrating, you are also under a microscope, which can be frustrating. But i say give it a try , you will never know if you can or cant do it unless you try.

My aunt and uncle just adopted their three foster kids... They didn't expect to be able to adopt them because they had a grandmother who wanted them, but in the end they all decided it would be best for the kids. So they now have six kids! :) I think it's great. Everyone deserves a family that loves them.

Latest posts

Back