My Bunnys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahsop

Reaction score
I would like you to meet my Bunnies! I think they are fantastic.

This is Lucy, she is a Rex (I think.....not sure of the correct colour name) She was a friends rabbit, sadly they felt they couldn't look after her anymore so I took her home........my she is hard work! She can be lovely and cuddly then at other time she can be a madam, I have had a couple of bites from her when she has been in one of her moods!

Lucy3.jpg

She really likes to stick her nose out of the run for a fuss!

This is Charlie, I found him on a breeders web site when I was looking for a bunny for a friend! You can see why I just had to have him can't you!

bubblesbabe2mar072.jpg

So off to the breeders we went! My lovely boy was every bit as cute as I thought on the photo, trouble was that hubby and the boys wanted his sister........

IMG_7521.jpg

I brought home both! (Charlie in front, Lola at the back) They settled really well and apart from Charlies constant hutch chewing they've been no trouble at all!

babies.jpg

I spoke to the local vet and the breeder who both told me they would be fine as long as I had the male nutered at around 6 months......... or maybe I should have resurched myself!

sarah x

Your rabbits are beautiful. That was really great of you to take Lucy in and care for her.She's a gorgeous girl, even if she is a bit sassy!

I have a crazy little Dutch mixgirlwho acts that way sometimes, too. When she nips or lunges, I place my palm on her forehead, pressing down gently and say "no" low and firm and she calms right down.

How old are the babies now? Did you separate Lola and Charlie? Is he neutered yet?

**Edited to say: I just saw your other thread, so nevermind about the questions! :)

Hi

Thanks for that! I've had her for almost a year and a half now and I wouln't be without her! She is having a bit of a holiday down the road at the minute as I am using the spare hutch for Charlie. I went to visit tonight and she was all excited when she heard my voice and then when I went to stroke her she thumped away into the back of the hutch! (My sister-in-law lives 5 doors away and she had a massive breeding hutch with the whole top layer free....just in case you wondered!)

The babies are almost a week old now, in fact they could be a week old as I didn't check the bedroom last friday as it was raining all day, I ran out twice to feed them and check water etc but that was all.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah your rabbits are really gorgeous, its amazing what interesting info you get and how much it differs lol.

How has your weather been down there?

I think they are all sweet! I had the babies out tonight to hold and check over, they are soooo small, yet saying that they have grown massivly in a week! I wish I only had to feed my babies once a day when they were small!

The weather is terrible isn't it. We haven't had any flooding so far, fingers crossed. Lucy is with my sis and she has been in her hutch all day, Charlie came out for about an hour then it rained so hard I had to go and bring him in as he was drippin wet (there is shelter....he would rather sit on top than go in!) and poor Lola is house bound!

Take care!

sarahx

I am trying not to get too attached to the babie but.........

IMG_9324.jpg

This one is definatly staying right here.....his/her name could be Coco/Cadbury or Guniness!

But this one is very cute also.......

IMG_9321.jpg

And the other....mum got a bit stressy so I didn't get a good pic!

All three;

IMG_9319.jpg

I will try to get them good homes with firends if possible.....maybe..........

:heart:

All three babies are growing really well, I don't think any will be Lionheads which is a shame.

They opened up their eyes today and are starting to wobble about in the hutch! Aww so sweet! I will be really sorry to see them go but hopefully they will go to good homes. I am canvasing friends and family first, then I thought I would place an add in the local paper (less keen to do this as I want GOOD homes)

I will post more pics tomorrow, photobucket is down?

sarah x

ps, the little brown is MINE! I am keeping him regardless of hubbys "we haven't space for anymore" little does he know that I have plans to keep them all if necessary!

If you put an ad in the paper, you can always 'interview' people so that they go to homes that you are satisfied with, and if you provide them with a fact she on rabbits, with some food, give guidelines for housing, for illnesses to look out for any all the other bunny related things, and also give them this web page, then you will know that the bunny is getting the best you can send it to.

You could also say that if they don't want the bunny you will take it back at anytime, then you could start the rehoming process again. It would be better to do that than run the possibility that the bunny will become abandoned or set free, but it might take some effort on your part.

I think I will go down that line, I also think I might set up a mini web site with their pics on and a mobile number etc I will have to check the legalities though as I don't really know the law surrounding 'selling' live animals however I don't want to let them go free and end up as snake food!

I did think I might make a flyer and post it in the local pet shop/hardwear store.

Good idea about returning them, I would far rather they came home than they were let loose etc

Thanks for your advice

sarahx

So it looks like I am about to re-home two poor bunnies who have been neglected. So far I don't have any info on them just that they are Lionheads and are desperate for a new home where they will be fed and watered.....

Back to the babies...wow they have grown! They have their eyes open now and are slowly moving around the hutch. Yesterday I poped my head in and mum hopped in to say go away and all three bunnies wriggled under her for a feed...it was soooo sweet, I left her to it but she was in there ages!

This is my favourite and I hope to keep this one,

IMG_9336.jpg

This one was the smallest but is now as big as the other white/grey

IMG_9338.jpg

This is the last bunny, he/she has lovely eyeliner!

IMG_9340.jpg

And I just had to add thisone....

IMG_9359.jpg

Two weeks old today!

IMG_9432.jpg

"Whats in here then"?

IMG_9435.jpg

At the begining I said I would keep one of the babies and I really liked the little brown one, now I am drifting towards the all white one......

IMG_9428.jpg

Its sooo hard to choose! I might keep two if I get two females.....

sarah x

When my Chaucer had babies, it was sooo hard to give any of them up.
They are gorgeous, all three! I hope you get to keep them, and bring
Lucy home, too!

ahhhhhhhhhh they are gorgeous. The law about selling is mainly that you are not allowed to sell to anyone under 16, has to be an adult. I do a bunny care sheet with any of my babies that are sold to go through the basics like food bedding etc, and put a clause on the bottom about giving them back if they can't look after them any more. If you make it simple to read then it helps with new bunny owners:D

hope that helps ( i would have the choc one:biggrin2:)

Tee hee I love the choc one too! New hutch arrives tomorrow!!!! The mainly white one (now called snowy) is staying too so its just the grey and white (tot be fair if its a girl can stay too!) to be rehomed!

Thanks for the info!

sarah x

ps, your bunny looks sooo sweet too!

Elf Mommy wrote:
When my Chaucer had babies, it was sooo hard to give any of them up.
They are gorgeous, all three! I hope you get to keep them, and bring
Lucy home, too!

I am keeping two and Lucy is home on tuesday.......with a new bigger hutch!

sarah x

Well the babies are three weeks old today!

I can't believe how fast they have grown!

IMG_9452.jpg

Back to front, Pebble (white and grey) Snowy (mainly white) and Rolo!

The little white has been adopted by a friend who can't take her home because they have cats so her name for him/her is Hector Snow (snowy for short) and the little brown is mine! One of my closest friends is moving abroad soom and she is called Katie so this is Katie Rolo and the small mixed was supposed to be re-homed but I just can't bear to part with him/her so this is Pebble!

On a major downside Lucy rabbit is really poorly......:(

sarah x

Update!

Lucy bunny bless her became really poorly and had to have a some help to cross the bridge..... she had cancer.

Two weeks later and Lola is ill too. She had a chest infection which put her off her food which then lead on to tummy troubles.... The next trip to the vet showed up a spur on her teeth which could have been a contributing factor...... I am feeding her by hand every hour or so at the minute.....really hope she pulls through.

The babies! Katie Rolo and Hector Snow are both girls but pebble is still hiding his/her bits n bobs the vet and I just can't tell! I am hoping for another girl then they can all live together (once spayed of course)

Photos to follow!

sarah x

Latest posts

Back