My bunny's poop is coming out weird!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue eyes wrote:
That's great! You never mentioned the article, so we didn't know, lol.

I would load up the hay as much as they need it. I'd also leave lots extra for overnight, even if it overflows out the container. You can even leave a big handful on the floor too. That way they won't run out overnight. :big wink:

Alright. Good idea lol. They are just babies so they don't eat TOO fast but two babies who are loving a new food might run out! Before bed I'll probably fill it up and when I wake up I'll refill. :)

Blue eyes wrote:
That's great! You never mentioned the article, so we didn't know, lol.

I would load up the hay as much as they need it. I'd also leave lots extra for overnight, even if it overflows out the container. You can even leave a big handful on the floor too. That way they won't run out overnight. :big wink:
Blue eyes just a question. I know its off subject but, where did you make that cute avatar!? That changes through pics of your bunnies

You did a :goodjob on it!

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Sounds like cecals. A lot of babies fail to eat there cecals. My vet told me that babies have better things to do :)
my vet told me the same thing (he said "short attention span") when my holland lop (got her at 8 weeks old) kept leaving cecals around... she's nearly 18 weeks old now and almost never leaves them any more. they tend to be a little sticky, so it's not uncommon to find one in the fur if it's been sat on.

the alfalfa hay is GREAT for babies because it has more protein and calcium than grass hays (alfalfa is actually a legume hay), which helps them grow. the same protein and calcium can cause health problems in adult rabbits, so around 6-7 months old, you should start switching them over to some type of grass hay (timothy, orchard grass, bermuda, coastal, oat, wheat, etc.).

by the way, between your bunnies being fully weaned a couple weeks younger than they should've been and one of their siblings dying suddenly, I strongly recommend taking your bunnies to a rabbit-savvy vet for a general check-up just to make sure they're in good health. unfortunately, not all vets willing to see rabbits are truly rabbit savvy, so you may have to look around to find a good one. we have a nice library of rabbit-savvy vets here - http://rabbitsonline.net/view_forum.php?id=9

UPDATE:

Little bun-bun's droppings are coming out better! I have seen ALOT more normal balls and I just checked and there is a small clump on his butt but it isn't as big and it looks better. Thanks to everybody for the info! The hay is most definitely helping!

Thanks again :thanks::bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back