My bunnys' got a fever, help.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conoslip

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Last night I noticed my bunny had a runny nose and was sneezing alot and a fever, he's so hot. It looks like his body aches because he looks so uncomfortable. I don't have money for the vet.. I will appreciate any advice, what should I do?

He's a Rex about 2 pounds, he's so sweet he doesn't have his front paws and has a dislocated arms. It looks like it was eaten by his parents, so he is kinda disabled. And I'd hate to see him suffer anymore.

Please send me any ideas of what should I do.

Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear your buns not feeling well.

I would advise a vet visit if at all possible.

It's hard to tell if a bun is actually running a fever aside from taking their temperature.

If he is running a temp then it could due to some kind of infection. In which case he'll need a proper diagnosis to prescribe the right medications.

How warm is the weather by you?
If it's 85F or warmer, he could be overheating.

What color is the nasal discharge?
One of the ways buns cool themselves is through breathing.....which could account for the moisture around his nose.

He may be having a harder time because he can't clean his nose/face properly, too. This might be adding to the runny nose/sneezing issue.

To JimD

Thank you for your kind words. The reason I took my REX is because he was going to be snake food. I felt very sorry for him. Tommorrow I will be receiving my unemployment check and I will be able to take him to the Vet. However, I did contact a breeder who gave me good advise how to care for him last night. Today he seems much better.
Sorry if I ruined somebodys day with my problems, it won't happen again. This was my last visit to this site.
Thank you and have a great day.

Proud on you for taking this little charge on. Jim gave you some pretty good advise, maybe try and keep him cool and get him to drink. Glad that he is feeling a little better. Try and find a vet in your area that is willing to help financially in such a chase. Hugs to you both.
Alma and Benjamin

jeanluc_pippen_merry wrote:
Deleted by Admin

Who says that to someone who's just looking for help? they obviously care about the rabbit and stuff happens everyday where you lose your job and can't afford things especially vets are expensive.

conoslip wrote:
To JimD

Thank you for your kind words.
You're very welcome.

I did contact a breeder who gave me good advise how to care for him last night. Today he seems much better.

I'm glad you had the initiative and sense of responsibility to contact a breeder for advice. Breeders can be a great resource.

And I'm also gladto hear he's doing better.

Sorry if I ruined somebodys day with my problems, it won't happen again. This was my last visit to this site.
Please excuse any harsh comments that were made, and please come back when and if you feel the need.
Our primary mission here is to help the rabbit, regardless of the situation, and notpass judgement onthe owner.
You can send me a private message if you need to.

Please don't take that comment back there wrong.

The point of this forum is not to put people down for what they've done-Its so help other bunny lovers take care of their pets and help them when they're confused about something. Please don't mind the comment made back there. Sometimes people just get going and make assumptions that aren't fair.

Give your bunny a hug for me! I'll keep you and your bunny in my prayers!

(and it's definetly not to put people down for what they *think* someones done..like in your case when it isn't your falt about the bunny being ill.)

Latest posts

Back