My Bunny's Cheeks Have Grass Stain

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunarlady

Reaction score
Hi guys!

My white bunny's cheeks are green cause of grass stain. He's been chomping on them eagerly and then I see that his cheeks are green with grass. Just wondering if that's alright?

I tried cleaning him myself but he keeps shoving me away. I'm afraid he might get traumatized by what I'm doing. (?) I got out some of the stain but there's still some left on both cheeks.

Should I just let him groom himself? Or should I do it myself? I'm very OC and I need to see my bunnies clean. Lemme know what I should do. Thanks in advance! And happy new year! :D

I just learned to live with it on mine... my lop, Gazzles, gets "veggie mouf" (green around the white edges of her mouth) after eating freshly-washed greens, but she always grooms it off when she's done eating.

Foo used to get a stained mouth after eating greens. The best was orange lips from carrots! lol. I think its one of those things you get used to and you let them worry about cleaning.

Wow. Okay, I'll really try. He looks sort of rabid sometimes with his green cheeks though, it's sort of funny scary. :) Thanks for the advice guys! Really appreciate it. :D

Back