My bunny’s back leg is making her limp, but she’s acting perfectly normal just shes limping.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Litzy

Reaction score
Recently I’ve been trying to train bunny to roam around my room but not poop everywhere. I leave her out and come back from school to check on her. I’ve made sure there’s nothing she can jump off of and anyways when I’m there her activities consists of laying down on the carpet running around doing binkys or exploring our shoes. Recently like a day ago I realized when I picked her up she started freaking out which isn’t like her she usually lets me carry her and pet her, sometimes she even falls asleep. Today I realized her foot was sticking out more than usual when she layed down and she carries it and limps around. I saw her walk on it somewhat and she uses it to climb into her cage. She uses it to scratch herself still. She eats and poops perfectly fine. Nothing different about her behavior but the fact she’s limping. I checked her legs, she won’t let me check for too long she starts squirming. I touched her leg she didn’t freak out or move quick just tucked it away. She still somewhat runs and lays in a normal position, just when she fully lays down her leg sticks out. It looks a bit fatter or swollen compared to her other. She’s still eating normal and she even jumped without hesitation. I touched her legs nothing out of the ordinary. We do leave the windows open so maybe bug bites ? Maybe she sprained it ? I doubt it’s broken because her symptoms don’t match anything other than limping and I doubt it’s a fracture because she doesn’t have anywhere high to jump off of and no one chases her to where she twists in a bad way. I don’t know what’s wrong and I can’t afford a vet.

She could have sprained it, or there could be a fracture. There's no way to know for sure without a vet taking xrays. The fact she's still using it is a good indication that it might just be a soft tissue injury, but again, no way to know for sure unless a vet xrays it.

Back