My bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby

Reaction score
Hi all:bunnydance:

Does anyone know at what age ears drop in lop eared rabbits?

Thought I would post a picture of my Bobby, does anyone know what breed he is?? please think he is crossed but just wondered if he could be dwarf lop cross lion head. Is it possible to tell from the photo - he has a main, and one of his ears has started to drop today:D

I think Bobby is so cute - original name but think it fits him well;)

I've seen some pics of Lionhead lops on the 'net, and your little guy sure looks like he could be one. I just have to say, your bunny is absolutely adorable! What a handsome rabbit he will be when he matures. Very expressive face...he looks so 'cuddle-able'! :D

He is cool, I work in the petshop where I got him from, he kept running to me, when I went to the pen and he would sit on my knee serving customers:Dand not move. Sat on my knee as we speak, he sits and licks my hand:cool:then on Monday I decided after a week of him doing it I couldn't part with him :heartsand bought him as soon as I got into work so no one else could:bunny24

He lives in my living room, got a harness for him but he can escape that at the minute - I've got a Higher National Diploma in Animal Management but just can't remember what age there ears drop:bunny19this is how he looks tonight one up one down - his brother was like this then both ears dropped - no one knows how old they were when they came in though as the person that took them in forgot to ask there age, there supposed to be 6 weeks old but I thought there ears would have dropped by that age?

Well, he would be adorable even if his ears DIDN'T drop :) What an adorable bun! He definitely looks part lionhead to me. You could post his photo again in the Rabbitry section where our resident experts (breeders) look for posts like this to comment on. :)

The ears lopping depends on his breeding, I would say. I have lop babies which are three (almost four really) weeks old and a couple of them are starting to lop. Sometimes lops ears only fall halfway down and forever stick out sideways like aeroplane wings :D.

As a general rule of thumb petshop rabbits seem to lop around 6-7 weeks old, from what I have seen ovr my rabbity lifetime. Their breeding is generally a bit more helter skelter so a lot of mixes or uncertainties.

But oh my gosh what a cutie Bobby is!!!:colors::bunnydance::elephant:

Back