My bunny took me for a walk tonite

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loppy Earred Mom

Reaction score
Well I got a leash for Stitch today and she tookme for her first walk at first she was real timid then BAMshe took off and BTW NONE of you and I do mean NONE of you warned methat I had to RUN with her LOL OMG the neighbors musta been crackin upat me watching me run tryin to keep up with Stitch so I wouldn't pullon the leash.

I am having an issue with Stitch She will pee in her litterbox justfine occasionally she leaves tiny wittle spots on the carpet and Iclean it soon as I can fast as I see it but her Poopie I just cant gether to keep it in the box. In her cage she's great she willoccasionly very rarely not pooh in her box but in my house she poohseverywhere and I have litterboxes all over my house I dont know what todo anymore she goes around the box and all over the house she will peein the box I put the poopies in the box but she just doesnt get it Iguess she figures Since I clean up after her why should I do it in thebox.

I dunno what to do no more I put hay by her litterbox I put food causeI know they likes to eat and pooh n stuffs same time which is beyond mebut whatevers works for them and she will Sit in there and eat thestuff then walk off and pooh outside the box.

I've had her since 30 Sept its been almost a month does it usually take this long?

I hope none of your neighbors were taking videoof you running behind Stitch or it'll end up on one of those funnyvideo shows :D. Buck Jones made a really good comment a whileago about bunnies pooping outside their litter box - something likethat if you could get them to pee in the litter box, then anything elsewas a bonus (sorry, Buck,I know I didn't get it right).- Jan

You paraphrased my comment fairly well, Jan. Thank you.

Loppy Earred Mom: Although Stitch may NEVER change herpooping habits, I've found that as buns get more comfortable with theirsurroundings, and have chinned and marked everything as their ownterritory, the "raisins" ofttimes diminish. Similarly,younger buns seem to deposit more of them around, than olderbuns. I don't know how old Stitch is, but if she is fairlyyoung, her control may increase as she gets older.

In terms of training a bunny, or even it getting to feel comfortablewith you and your home, one month is not a terribly longtime. I would suggest being a little more patient withher. Things may improve.

Buck

Stitch is almost 4mo old and she was doing welluntil I held the Guinea pig in front of her and now most of her poopiegoes in front of the Guinea's cage I lifted the cage in hopes she willstop doing that but well she hadn't I put a litter box there and shewont use it then she started slowing down there again my son moved backhome now she's marking the entire house all over again.

My son is like "Mom why does that bunny poop all over I thought sheused a box" I said yeah but u moved in and made her house all ickyagain so she has to redo it.

I was thinking it was because she's young and will get better later oratleast hope hehe she did slow down on chewing my carpets thank god butnow I have no decent magazine to read in the house LOL

Back