My bunny is getting desexed right now :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenMab

Reaction score
I'm feeling so anxious! I brought Emilio to the vet this morning to get neutered, he's 6 months old, I had to sign a form in case something bad happens during surgery, panic :(
I feel like I haven't asked enough questions to the vet, like how many rabbits he castrated etc.
Poor Emilio....
They also said that anesthesia is more tricky on rabbits then dogs and cats, they put me in a panic! they're going to ring me in a few hours when he wakes up, I won't be able to work today, I'm too anxious!

The vets have to give you that form to let you know the seriousness of anesthesia with bunnies. My Vet had the same conversation with us. It is scary. Any anesthesia on any mammal is scary. But is a bit tricky with bunnies.

Will be thinking of your Emilio, and he probably will be fine. Anxious time for Bunny owners. Please let us know how it goes.

K

Yeah i understand the feeling completely,i have anxiety which makes situations like this much worse...i would go into a terrible panic until i got that phone call from the vet telling me the surgery went well..most times i couldn't wait and i would call them first lol.
Anyway i'm sure Emilio will be just fine..
Your both in my thoughts..

I'm sure all is well. They just have to warn you about the possibilities, no matter how remote. Fingers crossed just to be sure.

LakeCondo wrote:
I'm sure all is well. They just have to warn you about the possibilities, no matter how remote. Fingers crossed just to be sure.
I'm glad you are crossing your fingers, Orlena. Though it's a remote chance regarding anesthesia, things can happen. Not just during surgery but after. Anesthesia can throw off a bunny's digestive system. That's why a good Vet will watch the bunny to make sure eating and drinking occurs. Plus if pain meds are needed, that also has to be watched so your bunny's digestive system isn't affected.

My hope is that all your anxiety is gone soon with a phone call from the Vet, saying all is well, and after a good week of rest Emilio is back to his ole self.

K

thanks all for the support, the vet rang me and said Emilio is recovering well, urrah!!
I'm going to pick him up in an hour, he has stitches, they will remove them in 10 days.
I hope he'll get well quickly and be he's usual funny bunny self :)

QueenMab wrote:
thanks all for the support, the vet rang me and said Emilio is recovering well, urrah!!
I'm going to pick him up in an hour, he has stitches, they will remove them in 10 days.
I hope he'll get well quickly and be he's usual funny bunny self :)
So thrilled to hear. And it will be good to hear he's settled in at home with you now and on his way to recovery. My Rabbit Vet used internal stitches and glue on the outside. Also explain to watch for any redness or heat. That's signs of infection.

Hoping for a quick recovery for your sweet boy. Please keep us advised.

K

So glad he is doing good. Agnes spay is set for next month and I'm nervous as heck too.

It is hard on the nerves whenever they are having a procedure, but it has to get done for the greater good. So happy that he made it home safe. Lots of loving and treats will make him feel all better. :)

Latest posts

Back