My bunny is a daddy!! But I need an opinion..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krb4paws

Reaction score
So I mated my rabbit with another one and she had a litter of 4 about 2 weeks ago. I know the babies have to stay with mommy for two months before they can leave her and all that good information.Two of the babies look like my rabbit so I was thinking about keeping one, but my question is can a baby grow up with his daddy? Will they get along? And does it matter what sex the baby is??

I wouldn't suggest having them grow up together because when the hormones kick in you will have fighting.

Firstly you need to get dad neutered.

By all means have a baby, but you won't be able to bond them until both are spayed, neutered and recovered. It would be harder to bond two neutered males, but not impossible. There are no guarantees that they will be bondable at all.

If you aren't prepared/able to house them separately until then, then its safest to just stick with one :)

Do we get to see pictures? Hint hint.

I agree that you can bond dad with one of the babies, but you will need them to be fixed first. A member here had an unexpected litter and she bonded one of the baby girls with daddy.

Awesome! I was thinking if I kept one of the females then it would be easier to bond them together. I am not sure what I am going to do yet, the babies won't be readu until October so between now and then I am going to see about getting Daddy fixed. How do I sex the babies/how old do they need to be to sex?

Latest posts

Back