My bunny has a runny nosie!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellTowerAngoras

Reaction score
I bought a bunny at a rabbit show, and he just has a runny nose, nothing else is wrong with him, what could it be?

Just a cold maybe?

It could be stress related but also could be the beginning of a respiratory infection. Is the discharge clear or thick and yellow.
It is alway good to have an initial check-up when you first get a rabbit.

I see that you breed french angoras so i would also suggest isolating your new bun from the othe buns in your rabbitry until you are sure he /she is fine.

How old is your rabbit ?

Do you have a rabbit knowledgeable vet?

here are some vets in Ontario recommeneded by forum members

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12548&forum_id=9

It just looks a little wet around his nose, there is no yellow or thickness lol

He is 4 months old & he is male :)

He is extremely active and he is already giving kisses and we JUST bought him home today :) He was at the rabbit show today, could that be why he is stressed

If it doesn't go away after a few days, it could be one of a number of things, that require a vet to diagnose. It could be anything from an upper respiratory infection (very contagious) to tooth problems. I'd separate him from the rest of your bunnies for a few days and monitor it. If it gets worse or persists for more than 3 days, I'd take him in to the vet.

Latest posts

Back