My Bunny has a badly broken nail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mia04

Reaction score
Hi everyone my bunny has a badly hurt hanging nail and I'm not sure what to do. we noticed when we we're trimming her nails about 15 Min ago. what can I do? IMG_20220529_214439.jpg

Hi everyone my bun has a badly hurt and hanging nail. we noticed when we were trimming her nail a few minutes ago. It's not bleeding anymore. What do I do? Can I cut it off? If I can how do I do it without scaring or hurting her? IMG_20220529_214439.jpg

I’ve heard yours supposed to dab the open wound AND nail in milk, just make sure the rabbit doesn’t drink it

I may be wrong but that looks like it could get infected. If possible, try to get it checked by a vet. If you say she's badly hurt it could also be sore. Hope she's okay ❤️

Usually they will grow back in, and to just keep a close eye for any swelling or lumps developing, provided nothing else broke(eg. a toe) and bun is still eating, drinking, and behaving normally. But if your rabbit is limping, starts behaving abnormally such as unusual lethargy and lack of appetite(rabbits not eating for more than 12-24 hours is usually considered an emergency), or the toe starts to swell or show signs of infection, then I would suggest getting your rabbit seen by a knowledgeable rabbit vet right away. Or if you're unsure and have any concerns, it's best to consult with a knowledgeable rabbit vet.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back