my bunny had babies-> how do i know if she's going to have more

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My bunny had three babies they all died. Butthis afternoon she started to make a new nest an pullesd alot of hair.this is her first litter, she's a dutch and about a year or so yrs.

you need to keep an eye on her and check thenest every few hours. it is still very possible that she have anotherbaby or 2 in her

did you check to make sure she doesn't have a stuck kit? if not, you need to look at her private parts and check.

you can also try feeling her tummy for babies, although if she just had3 of them, her stomach will be rather lumpy feeling anyway.

if her behaviour doesn't stop by tomorrow morning, i would call a vet.. .you don't want to take chances when it comes to a rabbit havingproblems having babies.

The best way to check for additional kits in thewomb is to carfully palpate the doe. At this point, the kitswould feel like round hard balls.

I recommend learning to palpate before starting to breedrabbits. It's very important to be able to determine if thereare any retained kits which could put the doe's life at risk if theyare not born.

Pam

Back