my bunny family is still growing!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellablueyes

Reaction score
So, I got bunny #8 today! One of the girls I work with said she needed to find a home for her blind bunny. So, I having her sister jumped at the chance to have her. She is a lionhead lop cross and I don't believe she is totally blind. Her eyes are cloudy in the pupils. And my rabbit was the same, but with time and a better diet hers has almost gone away. Could something like this be diet related?

Congrats on the new bunny! You might want to post this in the infirmary, so more people will see it. In my very limited experience, I think it depends on what happened. Some injuries will heal, others won't.

Awww congratulations. :) I had a New Zealand that had developed cataracts at a young age- she was only 4. :( It happens sometimes.

However, it doesn't hurt to change the diet to a bit healthier one. I just read about a girl who only fed her rabbit alfalfa until he was 6 months old, and then only timothy hay after and he is 16 years old!!! HOLY CRAP! She's never fed him treats, pellets, or fresh vegetables, and he's pretty healthy for his age. :)

Welcome to RO!

Bunnies are addictive. lol. As someone who thought we would only have two, we are now up to 5! And every one of them brings so much to our lives! They are AWESOME critters to have around.

K:)

These bunnies are less than a year old. And were this way when the were 8 to 10 weeks old. I find it kind of odd that it cleared up on its own in the one I have had the longest. She eats pro manna pellets as opposed to kaytee and oxbow or hay I get at the local feed store instead of kaytee. And Chloe gets fresh veggies added into her staple diet as well. Fluffers did not.

I am going to get a lionhead lop cross. I am going to pick her up soon and is there any advice on that certain breed that I should know about???

p.popps wrote:
I am going to get a lionhead lop cross. I am going to pick her up soon and is there any advice on that certain breed that I should know about???

I have Lion heads so maybe I can help you a bit.

Lion heads have both fur and wool. Definitely need to groom atleast 2-3 times a week. Also make sure she eats a lot of hay. You have to think about preventing "wool block".

Also watch ears. I know about inner ear infections with ears that stand up and it's not fun for the bunny and scary for you as well. Just keep a check on them. Make sure everything is clear.

Wishing you luck with your new bunny.

K:)

Latest posts

Back