My bunny doesn't like me anymore!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debs

Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering if you could help me with a few bunny questions?

My bunny seems to be scared of me tonight, he was very reluctant tocome out of is cage and won't come to near me. The thing ishe was running around the place like mad this morning and climbing onme!! Is this normal and will it pass.

Also, do bunny's munch all the time, he seems to always be eatingsomething even though I know there is nothing in his mouth.

His droppings seem to have changed a lot in a number of days, they werefine but this morning he did a number of droppings on the carpet (whichhe never does) and they had a strong smell and they were quitesoft. They don't look like the ones he eats and he did 5 inthe space of 15 minutes.

Sorry, this is the last one - promise! Are bunny's allowed toeat string? I've given him a toy with string on it and helikes munching away on that.

Thanks
Debbie [:)]

yer my bunie always seems to weat too dont worryhehe im not sue about the other QS but im sure there smore exspernincedpeople here happy to help!! im sure your bunnie loves you to bits!!lolgood luck

debswrote:
Hello

I was wondering if you could help me with a few bunny questions?

My bunny seems to be scared of me tonight, he was very reluctant tocome out of is cage and won't come to near me. The thing ishe was running around the place like mad this morning and climbing onme!! Is this normal and will itpass.
Hello Debbie! Welcome to the forum! How oldis your bunny? And I assume it is a male by the way you were talking.If you rabbit is between the ages of 3 months and 8 months (give ortake) he is probably going through his teenager years. This means thatthey become cranky and hormonal. If you get your bunny neutered thiswill solve most of those problems:D
Also, do bunny's munch all the time, heseems to always be eating something even though I know there is nothingin his mouth.
Bunnies grind their teeth because theyconstantly have to wear them down.
His droppings seem to have changed a lotin a number of days, they were fine but this morning he did a number ofdroppings on the carpet (which he never does) and they had a strongsmell and they were quite soft. They don't look like the oneshe eats and he did 5 in the space of 15 minutes.
He is most likely marking his territory, butif his droppings be come runny, loose, or look like they are differentthen his regular ones I would bring him to the vet. A rabbits droppingsare usually a signal that there is something going on that we dont knowabout.
Sorry, this is the last one -promise! Are bunny's allowed to eat string? I'vegiven him a toy with string on it and he likes munching away onthat.
I wouldn't give him too many toys that havestring, because it could get caught in hisintestines.Cardboardtoys are awesome for bunnies. I give my paper towelrolls stuffed with hay, cardboard boxes, and other various cardboardproducts :) Wicker baskets are also fun toys, and so are woodenblocks.
Thanks
Debbie [:)]

My bunny, Biggles, is just 10 weeks old sohewill begoing through his terrible teens as yousaid. The moody brat!! I'm hoping to get inneutered in the next couple of weeks so that will sort him out.

I will keep an eye on his droppings and if they are not back to normal by Monday I will take him to the vet.

I'm new to having a bunny and I get worried whenever somethingchanges.What can I say I'm an over protectiveMum! The forum is brilliant because there is always someonewilling to help out!

Thanks to everyone for helping.

Debs ;)

It is definitely WAY better to be over protective then to not care at all :D

If you haven't already I would check outthe cheat sheet at the top of the forum, it is under "TopPicks"

If you have ANY questions never be afraid to ask them :D

~Amy

Latest posts

Back