My bunny blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlphaRanger15

Reaction score
So, I guess I'll start my bunny blog. Thank you Lisa for getting me hooked on this site.

A little background, we rescued two females (mom and daughter) and a male (dad)from certian death off craigslist. Low and behold a week or so after we brought them home, mom had a litter of babies. Upon searching colors and everything, it looks to be

1) lop ear black and white

1) harlequin black and orange

2 ) black white

1) orange

Well couple weeks later seemed the fun was just beginning, because the daughter ALSO had a litter of babies.

So here I sit, with 13 bunnies, on top of our 13 ferrets, and 4 dogs. Its an adventure learning about these lil bundles of fur. The first litter are about 6 weeks old (born friday before halloween) , the second will be about 2 weeks old (born thanksgiving).

Oh what fun....

Andy

And i can vouch that those buns are......STINKIN CUTE!..oh my gosh i cant believe i didnt stick one in my pocket when i left ..hehe....Andy u have got to put up some pics of all of em...we love pics on RO ...hey hows the male bun doin? i know hes been upset since being seperated from his ladies...

almost forgot to tell u ..i was at the stock shop and they had only 3 baby bunnies there...i suggest stopping by with the babies when they are old enough and letting them see em instead of calling them first.:)

I put him and the mother on the bottom in a large dog crate with a center divider. He was in heaven, grunting, thumping, and carrying on.

We are removing all the older babies from mom tomorrow (except the lop ear we call "cindy lopper", since it was the runt). They are now 7 weeks.

I have pics. I just have to host them.

bunnybowl.jpg

cindylopper.jpg

oh my gosh...oh my gosh...i love the 2nd bun down...so sweet!..and ur babies need to be with momma for another week..8 weeks they need their momma.more pics more pics more pics!!

ok, ill leave them. we found a couple sites and links stating 7 weeks.

OMG they are SO big, and they STILL try and nurse. its kinda cute and funny to see these huge legs hanging out under mom.

We take the older babies, and the baby babies out and let them run together on the floor(this way both mothers can have veggies at night, seeing the big babies LOVE to nibble on moms veggies, and the baby babies have justdiscovered lettuce).

We had one of the younger litter make its way into the crate with the wrong mom. Nothing happened, he was nursing away lol

Its a mad house....

you know as they get bigger it does get harder to realize we are going to part with them.

Jack (the lion head grey/white who looked like a jackrabbit when born) now likes to come to the cage and lick and nibble on your finger.

Harley (the harlequin) is borderline tame. he will hop over and sniff and lick...

The brown lionhead baby is a spaz. All he wants to do is eat and lay with mom.

Cindy Lopper, the lop ear is the smart one so far. She plays with the toys, snoops around.

The other black/white one just likes to run around and slide on the tile...

aww ur starting to see their personalities...i dont know how ur gonna let them go...im the worst at giving up a bun..ive rescued so many and u just gotta let some of them go to new homes..but dangit every time 1 of em has left the house i cry like a freakin baby....geez.:)
so which one(s) are u keeping?.
too funny about the wrong baby with the wrong momma..just make sure u dont accidently toss a ferret in with the bunch..hehe..i cant believe that multiple ferrets get along like they do at ur house...wow i wish bunnies would do that..im running out of space with 9 large cages in my house..my 2 giants have even larger cages then the rest...i had Flashie in a 3 level NIC cube cage but hes so clumsy i knocked it down to 2 levels...dang bunny falls all over the place when he hears the oats container...he will just lean towards me to get the oats and fall off the shelf...hehe
so hows the garage look since u cut the strings off the bale of hay in there..?did it explode?.hehe...i already got another bale by the way...let me know when ur ready and well split another ..but maybe by then ull need ur own bale ...with ur herd and all..:)
so alfalfa was a big hit wasnt it?.u really should get some of it...its super cheap..i can split one of those with u too if u want..i think i paid 7-8 bucks for a full bale...u gotta pick up this time tho..and come see my herd:)

hey i dont see more pics.....sigh.

the alfalfa is the best. when they run the floor, about 3 of the larger babies (cindy lopper included) like to jump on the large bag of loose hay you brought over and eat the cube of alfalfa. they all love it (even the little babies will nibble on some)

I havent even TOUCHED the bale in the garage lol. It will probably go to waste but oh well.

I dont know who we will keep. Id like to say we can keep them all but Im not THAT crazy.

today is a sad day...

i took the 5 babies from the first litter and sold them to a pets shop. my girlfriend and I racked our brian's the last few days on HOW we could keep these 5, plus mom and dad, plus the other female (who is mothering 5 4 week old babies), plus our other animals and give everyone equal love,time and affection.

today i must say was one of the roughest days of my life. at least they are together at the shop. true they will be sold off one by one, but as they grow, they will lose that "sibiling" mentality, and become a adult, with nature taking over.

i gave each one a hig and kiss before i left...

Latest posts

Back