My Bunnies, My life :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vona

Reaction score
Hello everybody :) had a little time today and decided to make an update on my life and my bunnies! A lot of things have happened over these past few months. such as; Pepper got spayed back in the end of January. She did VERY well and was eating and drinking in no time after arriving home. She completely healed and her hair has grown back. After getting spayed though we noticed Pepper decided that nipping us was the best way to communicate, after talking with some fellow RO members we shut that down immediately. After turning our backs to her each time she finally got the message and she hasn't nipped since. I also have 2 other bunnies, Booster a mini rex who we got when he was 6 months old. WE also have Toki hes a Havana and is solid black. We were not sure how old he was when we got him but considering he was already neutered I knew he had to be atleast over 6 months of age and since we knew it wasn't a recent procedure we concluded that he was anywhere from 9 months to a year old. Our different experiences with all the bunnies showed us how much more of an advantage it is to get a bunny when they are young (though I know this doesn't help shelterbunnies :() but getting a baby I feel they bond to you faster and are easier to train. Booster took a long time to become accustomed to us, though he is doing well now he was a straight up biter nevermind nipping. Toki recently became very mean, he growls and lunges at you but once he gets close to you and notices who you are he presents to you. He is known to bite though you never know when, hes our most high strung bunny nothing seems to help him either. We are planning to eventually bond Pepper and Toki. They were fine ishh at first but now are very hostile towards eachother. We are currently working on this and obviously Pepper and Toki have not yet been able to be together outside of separate cages. Hoping for a good outcome from these 2 :) On April 1st my grandfather lost his year long battle with lung cancer, this was very hard on my family, though we are slowly learning to manage our lives without him. Thank you for taking the time to read this! Have a wonderful day, and don't forget to SMILE :) -Vona:happybunny:

Glad to hear your buns are well! Sorry to hear about your Grandfather... it's always hard to lose a loved one. :feelbetter:
We would love to see some Bun pictures!

Thank you, I was going to attach pictures to my post but the connection isn't great at my school. ill deff oput some pics up soon though :) also your bunny is super adorable! what breed?

i was thinking lionhead as well, awh well your lucky to have found her shes a real cutie and thats how old pepper was when we got her she got really attatched to me real fast :) does she have a name? and ive always wondered when you find a bunny like you did how do you get ahold of them?

Awe, thats cute when they get attached! Her name is Chive, and she was actually really calm when I found her. Almost frozen with fear, so I just scooped her up and put her in the dog carrier I had in my car. Really glad I had my carrier with me that day!

it was really cute when she started to explore more, shed hop and stretch out and look around then run back to me like "did you see that momma? did you see how far I went?!" lol awwh well that's good, it was definitely meant to be :)

Pepper found a toothpick one day, its not treated nor colored or anything and she loves them lol. Pepper is the Broken Black Holland Lop, Booster is the Harlequin Mini Rex, and Toki is the Black Havana :) When I asked what they thought Boosters coat was someone told me a badly marked Harlequin, his colors aren't very defined but they have shown up a lot more, also he has these really cool stripes down the center of his nose almost perfectly straight down one sides like a creamy,/coffee color and the other side is dark. :)

0309131544a.jpg

2012-11-04_00-25-41_943.jpg

2012-11-17_11-24-29_202.jpg

2012-11-17_00-06-46_359.jpg

2013-03-02_07-29-56_692.jpg

2012-11-26_22-14-06_694.jpg

2013-01-15_22-59-11_255.jpg

Latest posts

Back