My bunnies have bonded!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mika77

Reaction score
Yesterday I spent the afternoon rebuilding their cages to make one big one (although they are not locked in the cage too much anyway) and this was the first night the three of them spent together and everything went well.
Tomorrow will be three weeks since we got Bindi. I was a little worried at first because Clover and Lilly did not like her at first. When I bonded Hoppy and Clover and then Clover and Lilly things went really fast and easy and they lived in the same cage from the start. But this was the first time that I added a third bunny to a bonded pair and it was more difficult. But gradualy they got used to each other and now the three of them are doing just fine together. The one thing that helped a lot was the vacuum cleaner :) Clover and Bindi are both very scared of the vacuum so one day I put them in one cage while i was vacuuming and they started to snuggle and by the end Bindi was licking Clover. That really was the turning point because up until then Clover was aggressive with Bindi and she was very scared of him but after that they were much friendlier with each other. Lilly was never too bad with Bindi but once Clover started being nice to Bindi, Lilly also got better with her.
So I am very happy that my three little darlings are happy with each other.

That's awesome! We're hoping to start bonding our third to our bonded pair in the next month. What sexes do you have? Right now we have a male & female bonded pair, and then our third little male.

Hi MarissaB,

My three are a boy and two girls. I first had a male and female pair and then added a younger girl (not totally sure of the ages of my bunnies but the male is 5-6 years old, the female around 3 and the new one about a year old). The new girl is submissive to both of the other bunnies and that helps. All three are spayed/neutered.

Latest posts

Back