My bunnies don't seem to like pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katnanw

Reaction score
Hi there it's me again :D so I just changed my rabbit pellets EARLIER this afternoon and I notice they're not eating it. To be honest they've never been a big fan of pellets. They love it when I give them their veggies in the mornings and evenings and they love their hay mix (botanical, oat and orchard). I was wondering if there's anything wrong with this behaviour or are they just health freaks :?

Not health freaks but they would rather have veggies than their pellets. A rabbit will go with what they like, even if it's not the best for them.

They are no different than any other animal. They eat what they like and we all know of that little stubborn streak in all of our bunnies.

They are strong willed and do not forget. And if they love their greens, they will put their nose up to other things.

Maybe cutting back on the veggies will help. Maybe just once a day. Eventually they will get the idea that veggies and pellets are needed for a healthy diet.

K :)

Adapt them to pellets by mixing them into whatever they normally eat. Acacia didn't take to oxbow pellets for a while but eventually came around. I didn't like the effects so I switched her back to Martins. Pellets contain some vitamins and minerals lacking in Cookie and Donut's veggies. It's great that they get so many veggies but try to lay back on them, as Zrabbits suggested until they begin eating their 1/4 cup of pellets :)

Feed a little of what they don't like first, then when they've eaten that [or an hour has passed without them eating it], give them what they DO like.

They're finally eating their pellets now thank goodness :biggrin: thanks guys! I got them a Timothy hay mat hahaha they love to chew on that too xD

Latest posts

Back