My bunnies bonding:)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stitch&flopsy

Reaction score
Hey guys!

If you don't know this sadly on July 16 2014 my bunny Stitchy passed away:( His best friend Flopsie more commonly known as cow, became very depressed so 4 days later I got another bunny. I was looking at the humane society's but they didn't have many bunny's. So my mum who was helping me look for new bunnies (she also decided that she was going to buy a bunny for me, don't know why) she started looking at breeders. So she told me to go on this website called hoobly where you can search anything so I searched rabbit breeders. The first bunny on the page was a bunny that looked exactly like Stitch except all white!:)View attachment 11705View attachment 11706
That is Stitchy!:) He is ADORABLE:):) RIPView attachment 11707
This is the bunny I saw! I fell in love in with him right away I don't know if it was the familiarity or what but I really really wanted him! He was $125 and I didn't want my mum to pay that much for a bunny she won't get to see that often, so I kept on looking but I liked him the most!:) When I looked at him again I realized that he was from the same breeder I got both Stitchy and Cow from so that made want him more. I told my mum and she was calling the breeder before I could tell her the price!:) When we got him home I decided to name him Boo! Then I introduced him to Cow but she attacked him so I put him in his cage right next to Cows. Then when I put Cow to bed I let him out because he seemed energetic! I let him out and he checked out EVERY room on the upstairs level (He tried to checkout the down stairs but I didn't want him to hurt himself):). He even went in the kitchen which NONE of my other bunnies have done! But then the next morning I let him out first and he wen to the kitchen and
stayed there for the whole time he was free range! I realized that he was terrified of my room! So that day I bonded them in the bath tub which didn't gone too well. Then that night I left him free range in my room. That seemed to boost his confidence in my room so I then did a bonding session in my room, the end farthest from their cages. That bond had a few tussles but also already had a few grooming sessions. So at that point I was confused on why Cow was being so nice yet sometimes so mean. Then I noticed that he was scared around her and that he would thump by her which would set her off! I didn't know what to do, so I decided to just continue bonding sessions plus free time together (I know that it was very risky but I am not a patient person.) So I did that for two days and on the third morning the bunnies were not getting along but I continued and I decided NOT to do a bonding session. Then that evening they were best buds!!:) I have no clue what had changed but I liked it. That night I cemented them and now they are BFF's. I know a bond isn't true until boo gets fixed but now they are happy:) I am very happy it all worked out!

The links to the attachments don't work.. :(
But I'm glad to know that the bunnies are bonding! I hope they get along well, but you should always supervise them just in case.

Latest posts

Back