My Bun is not right.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffball

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 12 week old buck who is just not right.

He is eating pellets (as if they are going out of style)and a tiny little bit of hay, drinking and pooing, and I have also seen him eat some poo too.

But he is lying down a lot, he will come straight over to fresh hay or cubes but won't eat anything(when normally he stuffs hay in),he's lying down a lot and also seems to be grooming and possibly itching more than normal.

He doesn't show any signs of skin mites or fleas (no scurf, no flea dirt, no fleas that I can see, no bald patches or any part of his skin that looks red/chewed, etc), he's still very perky and interested in everything. He's just not right. He hasn't eaten anything bizarre recently (but on Wednesday he had world's tiniest piece of apple). I wondered about molar spurs but would that make him lie down more?

I'll probably take him to the vets tomorrow (but that's a whole36 or so hours away until I can make an appointment0, but I just wondered if anyone had any idea as to what it could be, or if I could do anything to help my little guy.

Thank youvery much.

It doesn't matter anymore, just ignore this (I'm only saying this so that no on wastes their time replying, not to bump the thread). He seems better today.

Gosh,i'm really sorry that no one responded to your reply,weekends can be a bit slow sometimes

Anyway,i'm glad to hear that he's doing better

If he's eating his pellets,then i'm sure that itwouldn't be molar spurs,my Chocolate Bunny had molar spurs 2 years ago and she would not eat pellets,or anything hard because it hurt her teeth,and that caused more problems because that sent her intohaving GI Stasis

The main thing is that he's still eating and drinking ok,ohh and still pooping normally.

If your still worried about him,you can always take him to the vet for a check up,that might put your mind at rest

Oh and welcome to RO :)

cheryl

Is it hot where you are? Maybe it's just dry skin? If he is hot or bored that might be why he lies down more. If you take him out is he lively? Maybe you could leave him something to play with if he doesn't have anything. He seems young so maybe he was used to being handled as a baby and now is pouting if he isn't handled as much. Hehehe. How much pellets is he getting? Maybe you could try cutting back on them a tad bit to get him eating more hay?

Even if it's not an emergency I am sure you would want to know what causes it to know in the future. Don't worry we don't bite :pWelcome to the group ;)

Hi Fluffball, the weather sometimes causes them to have an off day i don't know where you are in the uk but myself and other members find sometimes they can have an off time when it is warmer.

I started using entracare in the drinking water of my buns it hepls against coccidosis, muccoid enteritus and a few other digestive things since giving this the 2 buns i had that were not eating as well are eating much better, also as a breeder its good for the weaning of the babies.

website is : www.naturalfeeds.co.uk

phone: 08452309606

sorry i never saw this earlier, glad your bun is feeling better though:)

Back