My bed has become a nest

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtipthebun

Reaction score
Never had a teenager before; gotten all my bunnies as older rescues. In the past week or two, Tippy has been bunching up the blankets in my bed and digging and snuggling into them. It's pretty cute, but I sleep on an air mattress, so I try to fold up the blankets in a way that she won't be able to dig into my bed.

Is this normal teenage behavior? I'm assuming it's just her way of saying "my bed now". Also of saying "haha, now you sleep in rabbit fur covered sheets". Anyone else have a nester?

Soup did that when she was a teenager. She grab anything she could find tho. Cloths blankets whatever and bunch em up in a corner and dig at it. She was such a rebel at that age as if she was like a normal teenager.

I noticed my rabbit does that too. I had no idea what it was about. He jumps on my bed and bunches up all the sheets. He also does that with his towels I put in his pen. He is just less than a year old and not neutered. He also leaves poo pellets on my bed. Even when he is being bad though, I look into his big eyes and all is forgiven :bunny24

Thankfully Tippy doesn't poo in the bed. But it's good to know other people's teenagers do this too.
I hope getting spayed stops it.

My rabbit(male) was terrible for climbing into bed with me and spraying the whole bed, he would also cover the bed with droppings.Once he was neutered the behavior stopped. I could tell you horror stories of the teenage years before my boy was fixed!

Shadow LOVES to bunch up all the throw blankets we have in the living room (her room). No matter where those blankets are, she pulls them to the floor and digs around in them like it's just the greatest thing in the world!

Latest posts

Back