My Beautiful, Brave Fudge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharon

Reaction score
All,

After a brave fight against dental problems, which caused her to havetwo teeth and an eye removed, Fudge has gone to Bunny heaven.

Sadly, Fudge stopped eating last week and despite a pain killinginjection and another to encourage to eat, she wouldn't eat and simplysat with her head to one side. The vet told me that there wasa possibility that the abscess behind her eye had returned and anotherhad formed in her jaw - he advised me to put her to sleep.

She died yesterday in my hands,slowly falling asleep.

I will always remember Fudge sitting on her back legs, washing herpretty face (with its perfect butterfly marking across hernose),sparkling white bib andlongfudgecoloured ears.

There have been many tears, but I hope she's in a better place with lots of family, friends, and flowers.

Bye for now.

So sorry, Sharon. I remember Fudge'sstory well, and was pulling for her. Both of you fought thegood fight. It was heartening to see that. I thinkyou're a very special bunny person, she was verylucky to haveyou. She's pain free, in a deepdeepsleep,dreaming sweet dreams of friends andrainbows. I hope you feel better soon.

SAS

Sorry Sharon,

It was a struggle for Fudge and it's sad for her to passaway. Hope she canjoinJet and both of themhave all the treatstheywant at Rainbow Bridge.

Rainbows :(

All,

Thank you for your kind words of support. I love Fudge very much and will miss her.

I am trying to balance my sadness with remembering the positive things she brought to my life.

Bye for now

Oh Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear aboutFudge. Be comforted in knowing that you gave her all the loveand care that any rabbit could want.

Sharon,

I'm so sorry to hear about Fudge. She fought a goodfight. I was once told by a really wise vet that animals livetheir entire lives selflessly and we as humans are not able to do that,but that putting them to sleep and ending their suffering is the onegreat selfless thing we can do for them. It gave me greatcomfort.

Jen

So, so sorry Sharon. Fudge had love andattention right up to the end. I often feel badly for the bunwho have to cross over the bridge alone because we're not at home orthey don't have a partner or the timing is simply not right for someoneto be with them.

I'd like to think something like your presence makes the tansition for Fudge that much easier.

My heartfelt condolences.

Buck

I'm so sorry.

Fudge has crossed the Bridge and will be waiting for you.

She must have called to our hamster Angel to join her. Angel passed yesterday, too.

Thoughts and prayers sent.

~jim

Oh Sharon,

I'm so sorry. You did so much to help her. My heart goes outto you because I can hear the pain that you're in and how difficult ofa time you're having right now.

If you're not familiar with The Rainbow Bridge poem, you might want totake a look at it as it has comforted many during their darkest hoursof grief.http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

I hope that when you're ready, you get another bunny. Fudgehas taught you so much in the short time she was here that I'm quitesure you've become expert through the experiences the two of you had.

With Deepest Sympathy,
-Carolyn

I am so sorry. How loving you were to Fudge,helping her through all those ordeals. They do know when they areloved, and from my experience with a sick bun, we learn so much fromtheir courage, and gain insight on the fragility and briefness of lifein this world. May your reunion with her at the bridge be as wonderfulas you can imagine.

Back