My baby mini lops. Watch them grow.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellenlouise

Reaction score
2day old

Babies_13th_arpil.jpg

3 days old

Bbaies_14th_april1.jpg

Baby 1 Black 6 days old

Babies17n.jpg

babies17no.jpg

Baby 2 6 days old Darker colour but like Mum

babies17thapril.jpg

babies17thapril2.jpg

Both babies doing well 7 days old today

Hope you enjoy this thread.

Any ideas on color?

Pic of Mum

DSCN2616.jpg

Pic of Dad

GEORGE6MOTHSOLD.jpg

Pic of Mum and Dad

GeorgeandBecky.jpg

Babies today now 10 days old. when do you thinnk there eyes will open? Most are somewhere between 20 days but my babies seem very developed. Also what colour would you call them both blackfox? Sooty fawn?

Eve

Babies21stApril.jpg

Babies21stApril2.jpg

Babies21stApril3.jpg

Logan

Babies21stApril4.jpg

Babies21stApril5.jpg

Their eyes should open any day now, by day 14 they should all be open. If any have eyes still shut, you should gently try opening them by using a warm compress then gently pull open. Eyes closed past 14 days can get infected.

I think mine started opening eyes on day 10, and by day 12 they all had open eyes.

--Dawn

Eve has opened her eys she is the cutest rabbit ever. Logan is nearly there. He is just a bit slower than her.

Logan isnt putting on as much weight as heshould. We rang vet and he said to put logan on Becky teets while wewere giving becky a cuddle so that he could get the extra miilk heneeds. Eve is alot more developed than Logan she has thicker fur earsare bigger she is twice the size and always has a fat tummy. Dnt knohow it went but have just done it. Becky seemed ok bless her. When weput her back in hutch she just cleaned herself. I hope that it all goeswell. Fingers crossed everyone!

ellenlouise wrote:
Babies today now 10 days old. when do you thinnk there eyeswill open? Most are somewhere between 20 days but my babies seem verydeveloped. Also what colour would you call them both black fox? Sootyfawn?

Eve

Babies21stApril.jpg

The eyes open at 8-14 days depending on breed. The above color is agouti (aka chestnut agouti).

Pam

Giving Logan that extra little help has reallyworked. He has put on alot of weight still not as fat as his sister buta big little man. We think are both females but won't say for certainuntill they are a bit older. If they are both females we are quitetempted to keep them both in the same hutch. Both have there eyes opennow. They haven't ventured out the nest yet though even though I thinkEve is very tempted. If babies are both girls Logan will become Lilly.
biggrin.gif
Apparentlylooking it all up Logan is a black fox and Eve is a Chestnut agouti. Asyou have just said. ics to come tommorow.

Looking forward to more photos ofLogan. Hard to tell from the others what color he was (lookedall black). Can you get some shots of his belly also?

Pam

Logan is black all over. tried to get some picsof him today but he was to tierd. When did u start taking the babiesout for a play. Around 3 weeks?

Babies doing well today. Cleaned out the mainpart of the hutch again. When would you advice to remove the nest. 5weeks my book says? Also when did you start to take the babies out fora play with Mum. We havent done this yet we only get them out to weighthem and check them over.

Logan has really caught up with Eve he is totally black no whit on him at all. His eyes are a deep blue colour they are amazing.

Here are todays pics First them together

In this one they were fighting to get into the gap between my boyfriends leg.
Babies24thApil.jpg

Babies togther see not much size difference.
EveandLogan.jpg

Eve by herself

I love these pics

Evecute.jpg

EveStretch24th.jpg

ellenlouise wrote:
Babies doing well today. Cleaned out the main part of thehutch again. When would you advice to remove the nest. 5 weeks my booksays? Also when did you start to take the babies out for a play withMum. We havent done this yet we only get them out to weigh them andcheck them over.
I always remove the Nestbox at 3wks of age.

If left in longer, the babies could develop eye infections and otherhealth issues as the environment inside the nestbox changes whenthey're older - more moisture and prone to give germs and bacteria theperfect place to run rampid.

I take the babies out and check them over daily in the morning& evening from birth. At around 3 weeks I'd say theyshould be developed enough to "explore" more than play when left outfor 15 minute increments. You may catch them doing ababy-binky once or twice. They would definately be ready andmaybe a little more playful between 4-5 weeks of age.

Just keep in mind, even though the nestbox comes out at 3wks... theyneed to remain with mom until AT LEAST 6wks of age... then you can weanthem from mom & they'll be well enough on their own to go tonew homes.

~Sunshine

Oh I know about seperating from mum but thanks. We may be keeping them both depending on the sex.

Latest posts

Back