my baby bunny :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tksama

Reaction score
So it's been about 10 days now, and we aregetting along just great! :D I am taking her to one of our listedrabbit-savvy vets in my area later this week, and then we'll know forcertain if it's a boy or a girl, and then the naming can commence! Thisis why I was worried that she might be younger than 2 months, sinceit's still so difficult to tell the gender!

Here are some pictures of her every day for now (I keep referring to it as a girl, apologies if it turns out to be otherwise...)

006.jpg

She loves to hop around on my desk and bed :D I try lettingher walk out of her cage on her own and onto the floor but she usuallygets out of the cage and jumps back in. She's made it out to the floora few times and then just comes to find me or doesn't move around atall! :bunnybutt:

While hopping around on my bed (with a lot of binkies here and there) she likes to hide in my pillows :)

005.jpg

007.jpg

She must wonder why I take so many pictures!:anotherbun

Right now, she is being fed unlimited Timothy hay, and some Botanicalhay, both from Oxbow. In addition to that, she has unlimited access toher bunny basics pellets and some fresh fruit and veggies for the day.

009.jpg

Her dish here consists of a blackberry, a raspberry, a blueberry, somestrawberry slices, some kale, and a lot of green peppers which sheseems to love. I refill her on the green peppers throughout the day,but that's all she gets of the fruit and kale. I want to go out and buysome more greens, anything babies might enjoy in particular? She onlyhad a bit of poopy butt when I first brought her home, but she hasn'thad any more trouble since.

She seems to be happy and that makes me happy enough :bunnyheart

Welcome to the forum! Your baby is soooo cute. I love dwarf hotots!

As for the fresh food, I wouldn't recommend feeding any fresh fruit ormore sugary veggies like peppers now. It's too easy to upseta baby bunny's tummy, it's just not worth the risk. I'd saythat tiny bit of kale is all you should be feeding her right now, andbe careful with that as she is so new still. After shesettles in you can slowly increase the amount of that, and maybe addone new green, leafy veggie every week or two.

When you're feeding fresh foods, green leafy veggies should make up the vast majority of it.

Here's the Vegetable section in Bunny 101, it has more info and safe food lists:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=13618&forum_id=17

For a review of all rabbit feeding info, see my Q&A:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=16340&forum_id=1

Hope that helps!:)

What a wonderful day in New Jersey!

Important update, the gender fairy is leaning towards girl. Both hervet and my father ( he raised rabbits when he was younger) seem tothink so, although her vet hesitated to make this definite... Assumingit is a girl, her name will be Sofie :)

IMG_7131.jpg

It was such a nice day outside! I had to set her up on our deck so she could enjoy some of the warm weather...

IMG_7095.jpg

She seemed all too comfortable...

IMG_7097.jpg

Here she is lounging with my little sister, Renee :D

IMG_7099.jpg

I feel like they get along only when I'm around, you know, so I can holler at Renee to stop bothering the poor thing :nono

IMG_7104.jpg

I took one of the cat's old boxes, cleaned it up nicely, and made her a nice bed for her outdoor time.

And now for some glamour shots :D

IMG_7108.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

"Please play with me, mommy!"

IMG_7114.jpg

How could I pass up that face! :heartbeat:

IMG_7122.jpg

"Actually.... I'm kinda tired. I think I'm going to lay down...."

IMG_7124.jpg

"...riiiiiight here..."

IMG_7100.jpg

My poor puppy was busy getting groomed. How unfortunate for her, I'm sure...

The cat, on the other hand, was nowhere to be found. Eventually, my sister got her to spend some quality outdoor time with us :D

IMG_7148.jpg

On second thought, she doesn't look too happy... :biggrin:

Well, there's the whole family :rabbithop

Hope everyone's enjoying the *much* better weather up here :)

-Daniela

Back