My babies Hugh and James and Bear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcslx84

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Christina. November 2008, My coworkers and I used to frequent a local pet shop to buy supplies for our various fish. The shop lady usually keeps baby monitor lizards at the front and one day, had 2 adorable baby bunnies! She breeds them herself and they were brothers, 1 month old. I took James Dean home that day, he has red eyes. After we got home, I purchased a playpen for him and the thought of his lonely brother would not leave my mind. I went back the next day and brought home Hugh Hefner, Blue eyes with eyeliner markings.

I am somewhat of a hypochondriac, so that transfers over into worries about my bunnies. I have taken them to the emergency after-hours vets a handful of times, because they were breathing hard.. (it was just due to too much playing). So you will see me in the Infirmary alot...

Here they are as babies (not sure what breed they are):

James (yes I now know pine shavings are bad!):

BabyJames.jpg

Hugh:

BabyHugh.jpg

At about 7 months:

babies.jpg

James, now... Pausing while thinking of other ways to cause trouble...

James.jpg

I also had a baby dwarf for acouple weeks...

Someone at work had purchased this baby at a swapmeet for his girlfriend. She couldnt keep him, so since he knew I already had bunnies - he asked if I could take him. I named him Bear and brought him home. I understand that 2 male buns will likely not like a 3rd male, and Bear was still a little baby - so I kept him in my room. I noticed right away that he wasnt pooing. I read up and found that he was probably taken from his mother too young, that he needed his tummy rubbed to poo... I tried and failed. I took him to the vet, cleared out his butt and found out it was a SHE! Now I definitely couldnt keep her with my boys lol.

The coworker had this bunny for about 4 days. That means she had not gone poo in 5 and a half days! Crazy! I put her immediately on Kitten Replacement along with a little bit of food, since we found she was an infant! I spoon fed her, Id come home from work and she'd jump onto the rungs of the cage, she was so excited to see me. Id walk around and she'd follow me...and you know how baby bunnies walk/hop - it was super duper adorable! Then, a couple weeks later - out of the blue, she had a seizure and died in my hands. I think I held her for5 hours before I built up the strength to go to the vets and have her cremated.

I know it was only 2 weeks... But after the vet visit, I thought we were in the clear... I felt so good to think that I had helped Bear relieve all that tummy pain and set her up for a long, healthy life. Having something that I needed to hand-feed formula to, something that needed me so much....and having her die in my hands was really painful. Anywho, here was my little Bear....

babybear.jpg

Hope to make some friends on here and learn more about ways to keep my babies happy and healthy... :)

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

First, your bunny's are adorable. So sorry about Bear. It was nice for you to have taken in Bear, she may have had a short life, but she knew love.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome to RO, Christina! :) James and Hugh are two very handsome bunnies.

I'm so sorry Bear passed- Binky Free :rainbow:

Poor little baby =[ Binky free up there little Bear!

And welcome to the forum, I'm new here as well, so glad to have another stranger =] James and Hugh are beautiful!

:wave:Hello and welcome

Both of your boys are gorgeous

so sorry to hear about Bear..what a little cutie he was.

Latest posts

Back