My Babies...and their babies!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

star_girl

Reaction score
Hi! Heres my Bunny Blog. For my Babies Gingerand Freckles and their 5 Babies. I have previously posted pictures ofthe Baby Bunnys in the Rabbitry Section of the Forum where i originallyasked for help. I will continue to use that Thread when i need moreadvice (which i will!!) but i'll put the pictures of the babies up onhere, and ofcourse pictures of the mummy and daddy! and i'm afriadthere will probably be the odd picture of my Guinea Pig Elmo, because icant leave him out!!
Ok here is the pics, a couple of these baby ones are already in myThread in the Rabbitry but i'm gunna put them here too, so all the picsare in one place!
100_0236.jpg

Sunday 12 Nov
DSCN1383.jpg
Monday 14th Nov
DSCN1390.jpg

Today (Tue 14th Nov)
And those are the babies so far, but i can't leave you without adding pics of the proud parents Ginger and Freckles...
DSCN1278.jpg

Ginger
DSCN1394.jpg

Freckles.

And there you have it, i'll keep you updated!

Anna xxxxx

Your little bunny family is just so adorable! Ijust love looking at all those little babies. Freckles is such a goodmommy for taking such good care of them all by herself!

And I just love this one of Ginger:

DSCN1278.jpg

I love how his little mouth is open, like "hey, get outta here"!. Your bunnies are all so adorable!

Ginger is actually the mother of the babies andfreckles is the daddy. People always think its the other way round cozfreckles looks a lot more feminine.
As for gingers picture, your right, she was eating her dinner and no one gets in the way of her and her food!!
I was reading on the main bit of the forum about keeping rabbits warmin the winter and someone had suggested filled a little jar with warmwater and putting it in with them, what a great idea! As Freckles hasbeen moved out and is living by himself until he is neutered the thebabies have left Ginger, he has got one of this bunny hot water bottlestonight, i put the jar in an old sock, as to keep it warmer for longer,like a hotwater bottle cover! I didnt give one to ginger and the babiesincase she rolled it over and crushed the babies or something, anywaythey have all got one another to help keep warm and they are in abetter hutch than freckles, as he is in a make-shft one at the moment.

Anna xxxx

Oops. I thought maybe I had them mixed up!Something about Freckles does look a little feminine (but dont tell himI said that ;))

Another great idea for keeping them warm is filling an old sock withrice and putting it in the microwave. Extra straw also provides goodinsulation.

Keep those pics coming. I just love your little bunny family :inlove:

star_girl

All your Bunnies are absolutelyBeautiful,:hug:I readyour Post in the Rabbitry thread and your doing a wonderful job for afirst time mom!:great:I can hardlywait tillIget Mongo a Girlfriend and have a passel ofLittleOnes.:lookaround :yes:

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

Thankyouuu, its really nice to be told you are doing well, just a nice bit of reassurence.
They babies eyes are pretty much open today and they are exploring outside of thier nest, its so funny and cute i could watch them for hours!I picked them up today and they were snuggling up in my hand, i justcant get over how sweet they are! Anyway here some of the pics i tookof them today...

DSCN1421.jpg

DSCN1418.jpg

DSCN1417.jpg

DSCN1408.jpg

DSCN1407.jpg

DSCN1404.jpg

DSCN1402.jpg

DSCN1401.jpg

DSCN1400.jpg

DSCN1398.jpg

Anna xxxxx

They are sooo cute, my heart melts when I lookat a baby rabbit...:inlove:I'd love to be a breeder when I'm older butI don't know how I'd ever be able to part with any ofthem!:rollseyesBeautiful parents too BTWAndcongratulations, you're doing a great job;)

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Too cute! I thought the brown oneswere chestnuts when I saw the very first photos. They nowlook like what we call "tort otters" in the US.

Pam

Aww they are just gorgeous!....just look at them!!

I remember when my 5 unexpected babies opened up their eyes for thefirst time,it was just so amazing to watch these little things goexploring for the first time..and so cute too!!

cheryl

ok, so i took some more pictures of my babiestoday. There is rather a few but i have so much trouble picking whichones to put up coz they are all so cuuute!! i have had them inside forcuddles today, ginger came in with them, i was going to leave heroutside but she seemed a little agetated. i hadn't picked her up for afew days untill today because of the babies and that, and i have to sayshe is feeling very heavy, so i am seriously wondering if there isanother litter of babies on the way...freckles has moved inside thoughbecause i feared it was getting a little cold for him by himslefoutside...as for mum and babies, they are still outside but they are ina lot better hutch than what freckles was, they have one another tokeep warm and they have a big old sleeping bag that is supposed to godown to -20 degrees C, plus about 3 blankets and a waterproof cover!but all in all everyone is ok, and happy, including me!! enjoy thepictures!!
DSCN1425.jpg

love this baby, was white and is now turning grey, love its little grey nose!
DSCN1423.jpg

DSCN1426.jpg

having a little scratch!!
DSCN1427.jpg

DSCN1431.jpg

DSCN1432.jpg

DSCN1456.jpg

My baby freckles...
DSCN1453.jpg

DSCN1451.jpg

baby was trying to get feed, so ginger sat on it...it came out ok!!
DSCN1449.jpg

DSCN1448.jpg

DSCN1447.jpg

DSCN1446.jpg

DSCN1445.jpg

DSCN1444.jpg

ignore my ultra manky finger nails...
DSCN1442.jpg

Anna xxxxx

Hey Anna , iv never seen a baby rabbit before!but i have to say they are possibly the cutest thing iv ever seen.Congrats looks like ur doing a great job.

lucy

Hello! Glad everyone is enjoying my bunny pics!
Babies have grown up even more now! and of course i have lots and lotsof pics, i won't post them all...i probably have hundreds! lol they arejust too cute, i can't help taking pictures!! They have began exploringnow, looking in the food bowl, sniffing the water bottle, trying toclimb out thier hutch!
And as some of you may know Freckles has been a little poorly, butafter a trip to the vets and some antibiotics he is well on the mend!!
Ginger was getting a little fat end of last week and i was worryingthere may be more babies on the way, but fortunatly she seems to haveslimmed down a little again.

anyway here is a few of the best pics i have selected!!

DSCN1520.jpg

DSCN1511.jpg

DSCN1504.jpg

DSCN1503.jpg

DSCN1500.jpg

DSCN1493.jpg

DSCN1490.jpg

DSCN1489.jpg

DSCN1487.jpg

102_0244.jpg

102_0243.jpg

102_0238.jpg

OMG...they are beautiful.

I would have to keep them all if I had babies. How are you going to be able to give them away.

Look forward to all those hundreds of pictures. LOL

Susan:bunnydance:

i figured it would be really hard to give themaway, if i could i would keep them all! so i have got it all sorted sothey will all be happy and safe so its not too bad! im keeping two ofthe babies, my boyfriend is having two (so i will see them everyday!)and the last one is going to a friend of mine who i know will takeproper good care of it! plus she will send me pics and i will go seeit! so i'm happy about that, if i couldn't have found places for themto go where i couldn't be 150% certain they would be well cared for andloved as much as they would be here i wouldn't have given any away, iwould have found a way to keep them all!

Anna xxxxx

Anna, I love the new pics! They all look sohappy and healthy. You and Ginger are going a great job! Heres hopingyou dont have another litter on the way, though! I would just keep aneye on her in the next few weeks to be sure you dont have any more inthere. :D

Which ones are you keeping? Or are you waiting until you know their sexes to choose which ones to keep?

Have you named any of them? I think I like the brown ones best, buttheres something about the white one with all the brown on his face(like dad) that I just love!

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! Ohh i don't have a favourite....i love them all! :kiss:

They're so cute!!! :inlove:

cheryl

Latest posts

Back