My babies. And a warning

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahall83

Reaction score
Hello all. My 2 babies past away today. The reasoning behind this was dcon. Now before everyone starts thinking I put the dcon out recently that is not the case. This box of dcon was put out over two years ago and was pu under our grandfather clock. I was stupid and didnt pull the clock away from the wall while bunny proofing. And now my babies payed the ultimate price for it. So please please everyone..... When bunny proofing do not leave any stone unturned.

:pray::rainbow:

So very sorry this happened.

A number of years ago, we had a pregnant doe escape and eat a box of D-con. The antidote is vitamin K. She delivered a healthy little doe that we named D-con.

boomata wrote:
I really want to know because I have a project about rabbits.:pinkelepht:

rabbits don't have bad behavior. I think that would be why you haven't gotten a reply yet-everyone in the forum loves their bunnies to p.i.e.c.e.s. ;){Wink}

As to freakdizzle-I"m so so SO sorry about your bunnies. I can't even imagine it. RIP little buns.

I am sorry for your loss. You are only human and really thought that you had gotten everything. Life throws curves when you least expect it. They are at the bridge, romping in the clover, sounds like they are probably getting into more mishcief.

thank you all very much. yes dcon is a very harsh and cruel poison. which i never knew just how harsh it is until these past few yrs. it is a poison that thins the blood to the extend of internal bleeding.

ahall83 wrote:
thank you all very much. yes dcon is a very harsh and cruel poison. which i never knew just how harsh it is until these past few yrs. it is a poison that thins the blood to the extend of internal bleeding.
My heartfelt condolences for your loss. Sometimes you can't know everything, it's impossible, and absolutely innocent mistakes do happen due to not knowing all.

Thank you though for bringing this to the attention of others. Now others know about D-con and it's deadly affects to our bunnies. And should be on the list of what to look for while bunny proofing.

Again my heartfelt condolences.

K :(

To boomata, this forum is for remembrances and memorials. If you have questions please use the nutrition and behavior forum.

Latest posts

Back