My animal crew

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momma Luvbun

Reaction score
Hello fellow members.
I am here to be educated and gain experience from you all while enjoying the life of proud bunny momma of two, and sharing with you my life with them and to ask questions as I have them.

Meet first my double main lionhead. His name is SmurphyMurphy (Smurf for short 🤣) CooperTrooper Pooper.
He's approximately 4. I got him 3years ago as an abandoned youngster. Sad story short, he was let out the door because the ppl couldn't catch him to do worse (from what some bunny wranglers were able to get from the prior owner) and was found in an old grocery store lot.
I never met such a fearful bun 😪, and even 3 years of owning him, I can barely pet him.

Next meet my little lop, LittleMiss MooMoo. She just so happened to be in a Bosley's over the easter long weekend last year, when I went in to get my boy his hay, when I saw her in a cage on top a small table overlooking the parking lot. I was very surprised to see a pet food store selling a rabbit..so I stopped to pet her. She immediately pushed her cheek into my hand and did a very small binky. I wasn't there to get a pet, so sadly I walked away with a very heavy heart, but she was for always on my thoughts the next two days. I even cried a couple times at the fact she was in there..
My grown daughter looked at me and said "mom, it's ok for you to get another bunny" like i needed my kids permission haha.
So yup, I went back and paid the 50$ for her and took her on home 🥰.
Now both have the bestest freerun housebun life they could hope for, for the rest of all their days 😍

Attachments

• IMG_20200424_091347351.jpg
    IMG_20200424_091347351.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200501_131103167.jpg
    IMG_20200501_131103167.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 5
Welcome aboard we need some more good rabbit people on here, they look very happy and well loved bunnies thanks for sharing your story 🙃

I've been there myself I had already two young rabbits and saw a lionhead he was left in a cardboard box on a street in first days of January, so people took him in but they knew nothing about rabbits and they have dogs so they kept him for a week in a shed feeding cabbage and carrots until they gave him to me. He wasn't eating or drinking first day only started drinking after dark and was sitting in the darkest corner, he hardly moved around and I honestly thought he's very old and ill, that why he was dumped. But now after one year and a half with us he's a very good rabbit I love him a lot. Here's his first pic from where he spent a week in a shed, and here is now, so happy and relaxed :) He loves laying on his back for some reason it means he's happy, he loves grooming and this was a moment after he had his coat brushed and his nails trimmed so he was very happy and wanted some tickles

Name's Fred :)

Fred-1.jpg

p1030707-jpg.43127

Last edited:
Welcome aboard we need some more good rabbit people on here, they look very happy and well loved bunnies thanks for sharing your story 🙃

I've been there myself I had already two young rabbits and saw a lionhead he was left in a cardboard box on a street in first days of January, so people took him in but they knew nothing about rabbits and they have dogs so they kept him for a week in a shed feeding cabbage and carrots until they gave him to me. He wasn't eating or drinking first day only started drinking after dark and was sitting in the darkest corner, he hardly moved around and I honestly thought he's very old and ill, that why he was dumped. But now after one year and a half with us he's a very good rabbit I love him a lot. Here's his first pic from where he spent a week in a shed, and here is now, so happy and relaxed :) He loves laying on his back for some reason it means he's happy, he loves grooming and this was a moment after he had his coat brushed and his nails trimmed so he was very happy and wanted some tickles

Name's Fred :)

View attachment 48716

p1030707-jpg.43127
Your bun is Soo cute😍.
I am sorry it's life started negatively, but I see a very content bun now 🥰

Your bun is Soo cute😍.
I am sorry it's life started negatively, but I see a very content bun now 🥰
I've adopted more unwanted buns after that, in my experience most of abandoned rabbits were gift-rabbits and kids lost interest in them after a few weeks. Some of them were lucky and found new good homes but some of ex-gift rabbits just travel from home to home and it is heartbreaking really. Yours were lucky ones :)

The other girl in my avatar is Bernie, she was a gift-rabbit, she was sold as mini lop at 8 weeks in August and was very cute and small girl, just like a toy, then she grew up a bit and when she started showing some teenage problems she was moved to a hutch outdoors and then kids lost interest in her, she spent winter alone in a hutch with only their mother taking care of her, cleaning and feeding so she was basically alone and became a little of a grouch when she was brought home sometimes she peed everywhere and made lots of mess. So mainly was staying outdoors. The mother of the kids was a very nice person and she took a good care of her but she works full time so she decided that it was very unfair on her that she is all alone, honestly my heart is breaking when I imagine she's there alone in a hutch spending long winter nights and days. She was a bit defensive and lunged at me when I brought her home, she was also a bit overweight since her family were good generous people and also were feeling bad for her being abandoned so she's got more treats fruits and carrots every day. She wasn't moving a lot when I've got her and was unable to climb on a little shelf I gave her.

She is a very good eater, and she eats lots of hay she loves hay and she loves food in general. Now she's very active and can jump everywhere, she's in a perfect shape now. Her original name was Fluffy but I named her after mother of the kids since she was very nice and fair to her. She's gorgeous her fur is very thick and healthy, she's bigger than mini lops definitely but smaller than my other lop girl. She loves being held and can spend on my lap hours she's like a cat.

Here's some pics of her when I've got her she was 6-7 months, now she was 2 years a couple weeks ago. She has beautiful blue eyes and her fur is changing from more ginger-like to ash blonde she looks like a bride, takes very good care of her coat, very pretty girl. Has lots of character too.

bernie-2.jpg

bernie-4.jpg

bernie-3.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sorry your story just like triggered my memories so we have more my rabbits in your thread that yours, please fix that :))

I've adopted more unwanted buns after that, in my experience most of abandoned rabbits were gift-rabbits and kids lost interest in them after a few weeks. Some of them were lucky and found new good homes but some of ex-gift rabbits just travel from home to home and it is heartbreaking really. Yours were lucky ones :)

The other girl in my avatar is Bernie, she was a gift-rabbit, she was sold as mini lop at 8 weeks in August and was very cute and small girl, just like a toy, then she grew up a bit and when she started showing some teenage problems she was moved to a hutch outdoors and then kids lost interest in her, she spent winter alone in a hutch with only their mother taking care of her, cleaning and feeding so she was basically alone and became a little of a grouch when she was brought home sometimes she peed everywhere and made lots of mess. So mainly was staying outdoors. The mother of the kids was a very nice person and she took a good care of her but she works full time so she decided that it was very unfair on her that she is all alone, honestly my heart is breaking when I imagine she's there alone in a hutch spending long winter nights and days. She was a bit defensive and lunged at me when I brought her home, she was also a bit overweight since her family were good generous people and also were feeling bad for her being abandoned so she's got more treats fruits and carrots every day. She wasn't moving a lot when I've got her and was unable to climb on a little shelf I gave her.

She is a very good eater, and she eats lots of hay she loves hay and she loves food in general. Now she's very active and can jump everywhere, she's in a perfect shape now. Her original name was Fluffy but I named her after mother of the kids since she was very nice and fair to her. She's gorgeous her fur is very thick and healthy, she's bigger than mini lops definitely but smaller than my other lop girl. She loves being held and can spend on my lap hours she's like a cat.

Here's some pics of her when I've got her she was 6-7 months, now she was 2 years a couple weeks ago. She has beautiful blue eyes and her fur is changing from more ginger-like to ash blonde she looks like a bride, takes very good care of her coat, very pretty girl. Has lots of character too.

View attachment 48731

View attachment 48732

View attachment 48733

View attachment 48734

View attachment 48736

Sorry your story just like triggered my memories so we have more my rabbits in your thread that yours, please fix that :))
no worries 😁 I don't mind seeing other ppl's buns.
I love them all ❤️

Latest posts

Back