My Accidental Litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNM

Reaction score
I wasn't too happy about this pregnancy. Accidents happen, but I'm a GRANDMA again!!

Lucy had 7 babies!!! Lost one this afternoon :(

I left Monday morning for school and she was making a nest, had them that afternoon. I came back tonight and found these lovely darlings squirming and squeaking away.

2011-03-24184900.jpg

2011-03-24185313.jpg

2011-03-24184956.jpg

these are some weird colored babies.I'm curious to see what they'll turn out like

Half are a weird mustardy gold color. I can't stop looking at it. The other half are grey with an orange tinge. Me and my sisters are making bets on what they're going to look like at 4 weeks.
@ Lindy, sorry for the loss of your first litter. You should rebreed her so you might have Juniors for the June show

Do you think they may be tort? The colors are weird. I'm with ya, I can't wait to see what they turn out to be too.

We were cleaning out all their cages and we put them in exercise pens while we're cleaning. Carmen mixed up Lucy with Ricky??? I don't know what she was doing or thinking but David got a hold of Lucy and BAM quick as lighting. I was thinking he only got her once so maybe she didn't take. No such luck

Red Mini Rex X Frosted Pearl Holland Lop= Mustard babies

They'll be my Helicopter eared mustard babies

They do look tort kinda. Really cute. Yeah I did re breed her 10 days ago.
I made sure she took. It would be nice to have some juniors intime but my luck hasn't been great lately so we will have to see.

This litter threw me off for another 6 weeks. I've been dying to breed my Red MR Lucy. She's an excellent mother, makes me even more impatient to get another litter out of her.

4 have the tort shading and the last two are orange. It'll be funny to look at in another 2 weeks when they're ears will start to lop.

Good luck, I've heard the nethies are some of the hardest to get litters out of. You should breed them once..wait an hour then breed her again.. then do it another time . Make sure you don't wait over 11 hours on the last try. Works everytime and I get huge litters

Yeah I read to breed them acouple times and then take her out and then a hour peso later then put her back in and breed acouple more times. Did this with both does. I'm hoping for a nice size litter. I'll keep you updated.

Looks like they all have normal fur, but it will be short. Their eyes are opening and a couple are escaping the nest box. I put them inside,because the wind blew all the fur away. there was no possible way I could pull more as Lucy plucked herself completely bald

Latest posts

Back