My 5 yr old is going to get to bring his baby bunny home....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casey

Reaction score
:rabbithopMy 5 yr old (Tony) gets to bring hisbaby bunny home on May 11th after 4H rabbit class. He will be8 weeks old and a rex/lop cross. Tony has named himScooter. We already have a 2 almost 3 month old male rabbitnamed Jack ( the one in my avatar) do you have any suggestions abouthow to introduceScooter into the home with Jack. I know thatwe need to get a seperate cage and we are working on that, but whatelse may we want to do?:apollo:

Is Jack neutered? Un-neutered malesusually fight. Pleasesupervise interactionclosely. The little one could be seriously injured or evenkilled.

It's not hopeless, but it takes a lot of work to bond twomales.There's a lot of info on bonding all overthis forum if you use the search box above. Here's a goodplace tostart:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17

Good luck and congratulations on your new little hopper!

Will the new baby be a male? Youcould try bonding them if you are absolutely sure that they areboth male, but I don't think I would risk it. Once they hitpuberty, they might start fighting. Male pairs are especiallyknown for this, although sometimes you can bond unneutered boystogether.

Are you going to get them neutered? If so, I would neuter them first and then try bonding them.

There's lots of info on bonding rabbits in the Bunny 101 thread here:
Bonding Bunnies

Congrats on your new bun!

I am positive that both are males. No, neitherone is neutered. I do plan on getting it done though as soonas I can afford it.

casey wrote:
Iam positive that both are males. No, neither one is neutered.I do plan on getting it done though as soon as I can afford it.
That's good. I would keep them separated until then.

I have two neutered males that I have to keep in separate rooms. They hate each other and they are brothers!

Latest posts

Back