My 5-year old rabbit, will he get on with a new rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshJ

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been thinking about getting another rabbit for my 5-year old male rex, Rocky. He's quite a big chap, and he's not been neutered. I just think he'd like some company. How would I go about introducing another rabbit? Female or Male? etcetc

Many Thanks!

First off, I'd love to see pics of Rocky, I am a fan of Rexes!:inlove:

To introduce another bun, you'd have to go through the bonding process. Would you be getting another from a shelter in your area? There are alot of buns in need of homes in shelters, so it would be the ideal place to adopt from.

Here's the link to bonding/introducing rabbits:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17

It would probably be worth looking up, both on google and in the Bunny 101 forum, about how to bond bunnies together, that will give you a good idea where to start.

Female to male is the easiest to bond, with male to male being the hardest.

Ideally your bun needs to be neutered, but it can be done, in occassional circumstances with an intact male and spayed female, introducing an unneutered male, or even a neuteredmale could mean they fight and that might be fatal.

Also, you have to be prepared to house them separately if the bonding process doesn't work because not all buns will go together (and obviously you will need to house them separately whilst the bonding process is going).

Latest posts

Back