My 2 little love buns need a new home :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maikochopstix

Reaction score
I have hit some personal and financial problems and as much as it kills me, I don't feel that I can properly care for my bunnies anymore. Their cage broke and I have no money to replace it and I feel so bad that I can't give them the attention that they need right now. I have a white English Angora, approx 2.5 years old, male; and a brown Lop, approx 2 years old, neutered male. I would prefer if they went as a pair as they really are best friends...they cuddle and clean each other, it's adorable! I live in the Central Coast area of California and am willing to drive a moderate distance to find them a good home where they will be loved. Please help!

07-01-08003.jpg

If you have about $20 bucks, we can work out an NIC cage to work for your guys in the meantime.
1 pack of NIC panels and zipties, shower curtain insert at dollar store.
Make a thread in the Cage section, and we'll start brainstorming, OK?
:hug:

try www.bunssb.com : ) they are in CA. unfortunately we're in CO, and are currently waiting for a bun to be transported to us from CA. he's already been picked up from shelter and will be "fostered" in different area of CA until transport can get him here. not knowing how his presence will fair with our current three, we're not taking in any more :) and we're too far anywho.

be a lot cheaper i'd think to get an xpen... Got mine from amazon.com and because they're about $25 shipping is FREE : ) :bunnydance::pinkelepht::pinkbouce::highfive:

I asked my boyfriend if we could get them and he said no... man i wish i could help. they are soooo cute. I have a little boy already, so three little guys would be a handful in my tiny apt. :[ I hope you can find a good home for them.

Your bunnies are very cute. I wish that I could help. I have a cage, but I am going to need it to put Prince in when Sweetie gets back from being spayed. She goes in on the 20th of January 2010. Sorry I am unable to help right now.

The bunnies are fine without too much attention, believe me. Its really a crap shoot where they'll end up otherwise. Every rabbit being rehomed means there's another bunny whose very life depends on the space that someone well-meaning gives up so their well-cared for rabbits enjoy their high standards.

Having a bonded pair means they can and will keep each other company. A cheap set of cube shelving panels allowing them more than one floor will keep them exercised. And rabbits can be very cheap to feed with not much effort. A horse farm will probably let you come and scoop up a big bag of hay, if not, a whole bale (four to six months worth) is usually anywhere from $5 to $20. And there's always grass, dandelions, tree bark, etc.

Grocers will give you 'compost' destined edibles like carrot tops, kale stems, outer leaves from cabbages, brocoli leaves and stems, etc, for free.

A 40-lb bag of supplementary pellets from a feed store is $10 in my area -- enough to last months.

The hay 'fines' will work as litter, as will newspaper.

And they really are stress relievers. Cheap anti-depressants!

Are you sure you want to give them up?

sas

I'm in agreement with Sas. I live in a city and I do not have any farmers close to me. So I'm stuck buying the commercial stuff for the time being but I find that hey and food last me forever! I buy a huge bag of newspaper pellets for the littler, that costs me 20$, but will last about 2 months. However, I have had to use newspaper before and if you are in a city plenty of places have Free papers. Subways and grocery stores. I would stock up on those and not have to worry!

I've had rough times before and when it came to the fresh veggies I just spoke to some family, friends, and even my coworkers. Most are willing to bring you (or have you pick up) their veggie leftovers. This goes for newspaper to.

There is always a community of people who are willing help!

Latest posts

Back