Mutt Babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitLover94

Reaction score
Well, 3 weeks ago, my Mini Lop doe escaped and spent the night next to the buck cages. I've got a Tort Lionhead buck and a Siamese Sable Jersey Wooly buck. Yesterday, she palpated positive. So...kinda wondering what they're gonna look like now. It's just a waiting game... Also, my pygmy goat is due any day now, so I'm watching 2 does for labor signs! =D

The Lionhead is double maned, so if he's the father, all the babies are guaranteed to have a mane. I already did the whole genetics thing, and, if the Lionhead's the dad, the guaranteed colors are Chesnut and Chinchilla. If the Wooly's the dad, then the guaranteed color is Chestnut. Then, there's a ton of possible colors depending on recessive, hiding alleles.

Anyway, I've already got several homes lined up for these little bunny "mutts." :biggrin:

And I'll post pics of them soon as they're born. They're due on Friday!

Here's the mom:
29773_124767327548965_1000004709448.jpg

The Lionhead:
30003_121086881250343_1000004709448.jpg

And the Jersey Wooly:
PiesBIS.jpg

Look at the mane on that lionhead....wow.

I'm assuming they bred through the bars?

Yes, it was through the bars. About 4 years ago, we had two pet rabbits. (They were supposed to be two girls but were actually a buck and a doe) The cages were side-by-side and they bred through the bars.

I changed the barn arrangement after this recent escape so that the does are on the bottom and the bucks on the top row. That way, if a doe ever gets out again, they can't get to the bucks.

Latest posts

Back