Music?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephankne

Reaction score
Do your bunnies like listening to music? If so, what kind?

I like to be in bed around 10pm, which unfortunately, is right around the time my bunny wants to zoom zoom! He is mainly a free roam rabbit but I do lock him up in an exercise pen at night. It's in the living room so I have been leaving the sleep timer on the TV on for a bit so he can listen to things and run around before he settles in for the night. Normally I leave the animal planet on for him (i know- like he cares!) but was thinking about leaving one of the music stations on instead... Any suggestions?

I put animal planet on or national geographic wild on, all day while I am at work for Boomer. I swear he watches t.v. sitting up on top of his house. sound on low.....
I think if it was completely silent and quiet Boomer might get lonely. and we don't want that happening.... we live on a really busy main road and the pasing trucks can get really loud. so i think sometimes that might scare Boomer if it was silent and they came through. so hence the background noise.
i bet he just sleeps the whole time though.

Neither of my rabbits seemed to care about music one way or another. The only time I ever saw either Scone or Natasha react to music is every once in a while when I'm listening to something which has very distinct and spatially localized sounds, like some New Age music, or a Bach harpsichord piece, or Aaron Copland's Quiet City. Then, when there's a particularly clear instrument coming from one of the speakers in the stereo you can see one ear swivel in that direction.

I suspect it's just the sounds they're reacting to, rather than music as music.

For what it's worth, Scone used to love when I watched Star Trek: The Next Generation. He'd come running into the living room and sit between my feet on the ottoman, ears pointed at the TV set in rapt attention. I finally figured out it was the low pitched "warp drive" rumble sound effect that he liked, since it was only when the Enterprise was in flight that he watched. Of course, Scone also liked brightly colored objects on Antiques Roadshow, so he was a bit of a TV bunny.

Natasha ignores the set entirely except if there's a sound effect which catches her attention. The surround sound on the Blu-Ray version of Jurassic Park had some dinosaur noises that had her ears swiveling to each of the speakers in turn, as the dinosaurs screeched all around.

I'll tell you one song Sophie hates and she hides in her basket when I play it:

Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke

LOL

Latest posts

Back