Mushy Poops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlzbb

Reaction score
Jessica bunny has had a lot going on! Right now she has the mushy poops. I cleaned her enclosure and I put fresh timmy hay & pellets in there with her. Can anyone give me a link to what NORMAL poops are? So I can keep check on her.

P.S. Her enclosure is slightly small right now, It will get bigger. it's HUGE compared to a 10 gallon :D

Congrats on rescuing Jessica!

Here is what normal poops look like:
http://www.fuzzy-rabbit.com<WBR>/sick.htm]http://www.fuzzy<WBR>-rabbit.com/sick.htm[/url]

I don&#39;t want to direct link the photos, but you can see what they look like on there.

Sounds like Jessica has a case of Poopy Butt. I&#39;d stop feeding any veggies for a while if you are and just have her on fresh hay and pellets until her poops are normal again.

Are the poops mushy or just plain runny?

mlzbb wrote:
Mushy. Not at all runny. Runny really worries me.
Ok, that&#39;s good that it&#39;s not runny. Yeah, I would say just keep up on the pellets and hay. Who knows what the other owners were feeding her. If it gets runny though, I&#39;d take her to the vet. Good luck!:)

mlzbb wrote:
Their Ceceal Poops. ;)she has both normal & Ceceal.
Oh, you&#39;re seeing the Cecal poops. Usually my bunnies eat there&#39;s and I never see them. Some bunnies do not though. As long as she has normal poops too, she&#39;ll be ok!:D

It seems she likes to leave the cecal poops out of her litter box.. where mommy has to clean them up & does normal poops in her litter box.

Any websites on sexing? I think little Jessica might be little Joey.

Here ya go: Sexing"]http://www.rabbitsonline.net<WBR>/view_topic.php?id=12064&amp<WBR>;forum_id=17]Sexing Bunnies[/url]

Also, if youre seeing cecals around its usually because your bunny isproducing too many. Is she getting veggies? On a new pellet? If shes on a new pellet its best to get some of the old stuff and work her into the new over a period of a few weeks. Also, veggies are best introduced one at a time.

Im so glad youre keeping her!

PS. Love the pen. Im sure its a palace to her after being in a tank!

Well I&#39;ve got Bindi too, She&#39;s my spayed female bunny from a shelter. She&#39;s my heart. But she doesn&#39;t have as many problems as dear little Jessica. Getting a sample of the pellets/asking what they fed her is kinda out of the question at this point, Being as they are being butts. She&#39;s on Pellets & Hay, Alfalfa based pellets & Timmy Hay. Is that an Okay diet? She was born on 11/18/06, Is she old enough to be getting veggies? I read that 6+ months only?

Pic of BINDI bunny attached.

That sounds like a good diet. Her stomach might be a bit upset from the fast pellet change and that&#39;s why you&#39;re seeing the excess cecals. It is okay for young rabbits to get veggies- I started giving Mocha veggies right away at 8 weeks of age and she was fine. But you have to start slow and small, just tiny bits of one type at first. And I&#39;d wait till she gets used to the new pellets, new home, etc. so give her a few weeks before making more diet changes.

I gave my bunny veggies when I first brought her home, she was about 8weeks. She handled it fine, although she acts like she isn&#39;t going to eat any new food I give her, even now. But when she eats everything else, she finally trys it, and wolfs it down like a piggy!

I had a recent scare when my TinkleBunny had some funny looking poop. It turned out to be cecals too. I gave her some rolled oats, now she has to have them with EVERY meal.

Good Luck with your little Jessica,

~Star~

Latest posts

Back