Mushy poop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
Name: Silas
Breed: Flemish Giant
Fixed?: Just neutered yesterday
Weight: 11 lb

He's eaten some hay.. I don't think he ate any pellets... I gave him a very small piece of peach.. his poop was perfectly fine until now.. then he did this huge mushy turd on his mat that he lays on.. He stepped on it (front paw) ... was it the peach? He doesn't seem upset or in pain. Maybe he's stressed? He did pee himselfin the crate on the way home from the Humane Society. He's just laying there, all cozy right now... well now he's in the litterbox.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it continued...he's in a new environment and if he's never had peach before (mine have never had it) - I would think it could give him this.

It sounds like it also could be excess cecals that maybe he couldn't eat because of his surgery and he's not as able to move around as much.

Is it like cecals, or really mushy and non-defined in shape? I too think it could be stress and/or the peach. I know it's tempting to give them new things when you get them--the joy of seeing an adult bunny investigate a new treat that they've never had before is really awesome, and it really feels like you're enriching their lives, but in a stressful situation like coming home for the first time you may want to stick with the basic diet for now.

If you have probiotic it's never bad to give some.

tonyshuman wrote:
Is it like cecals, or really mushy and non-defined in shape? I too think it could be stress and/or the peach. I know it's tempting to give them new things when you get them--the joy of seeing an adult bunny investigate a new treat that they've never had before is really awesome, and it really feels like you're enriching their lives, but in a stressful situation like coming home for the first time you may want to stick with the basic diet for now.

If you have probiotic it's never bad to give some.

I dunno. They were like HUGE dark mushy turds. And during the night he did tiny, black turds. He has normal poops now. He was running in circles, pooping around me ^_^;
I'm pretty sure the Humane Society gives their bunnies veggies and such.. I looked up on his petfinder a while back, and gave him a tiny bit of what was listed. He's erfectly fine today.. so it seems to have settled well :) He seems more at home now.

What is a probiotic? o_o

LOL sounds like it was just stress then.

Probiotics promote the growth of good bacteria in the GI tract, like yogurt in people. Bene-Bac and ProBios are good ones for bunnies, and they're found at pet stores and farm supply stores respectively.

Okie dokie XD what do the tiny black turds mean? Cause he did em again >_<

Tiny black turds sounds like cecal poos, which they normally eat. :yuck Not eating them can be from too much protein in the diet or stress.

Latest posts

Back