Mushy poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenniferCameron

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and checked on Charlie (I check her a few times a day).She had a mound of mushy poop on her bottom. I used a damp warm cloth and cleaned it off but I'm super worried. I called a few rabbit vets in the area and I can't get an appointment until monday at the earliest (it's saturday here) for the emergency they needed a credit card, which I don't have. Her poop is normal now and I've taken out the rest of her pellets because I have heard that too many pellets can cause this. She eats some of her alfalfa (I'm giving her alfalfa because she's so young). She's acting mostly normal I would say but I'm still worried. Is there anything I can do to help her until monday? Her poop is much less mushy now and she's not getting pellets until later. The poops are now formed but ovals instead of round little balls.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I would also giver her some grass hay (timothy if you have it) to help firm her poops up.

How old is she, and what pellets is she getting?

Also make sure she stays nice and hydrated. If you can, give her some pedialyte.

--Dawn

Thanks for the advice guys. I've only fed her alfalfa so far today and her poop is now completely back to normal. I'm going to keep a close eye on her for a while. She's also acting completely normal so i'm less worried now.

Thanks again!

Back