Mushy poo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetegocalderon

Reaction score
Skip just went poo in his litterbox and there's one spot where it looks mushy and wet. the others are okay, maybe a little wetter than usual. what is the cause? what should i do? he's 2 years old....been feeding him pellets, hay and an occassional strawberry top and pieces of apple.

Could he be slightly stressed about anything? Any changes recently? Should be okay, check often for more. Angel had this when we built her new cage, but only lasted an hour if that.

If it continues, push hay, not really pellets and make sure he is drinking water. I'd lay off any veggies now until poops return to normal.

Let us know how it goes.

thanks for the quick responses -

It's definitly not cecal. i did move him into a new cage.....but it seemed to improve his spirits because its much bigger and in a better location now. he's doing tons of binkies and doesnt seem stressed.....

ill keep a lookout for any more. but as of now, you think he's okay right?

When did you put him in the new one? Tonight?

Yes, it sounds like excitement from the new cage and the change. Should be fine. Just keep an eye on the poops.

yeah I would just keep an eye out to be sure the rest of them are normal. It could be stress. He should be on limited pellets though (about 1/4 cup per 3-4 lbs body weight a day) so thats something to think about if hes not already).

Keep us posted!

I wouldn't think he would have them after being in the new cage for 4 days now. If this just started, definitely keep an eye on them. No veggies for now. Keep pushing the hay and of course, keep us posted.

Good Luck!

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
Update: He seems to be fine now. No more mushy poos. :D

YAY! I'm so glad he's back to normal.

FYI, when we cleaned Angel's cage yesterday, she had one bout of mushy poos. So, sometimes, it's something as simple as that that can cause it. Rabbits don't like change, so any minor change in their environment can cause a little tummy upset;).
Some bunnies are more sensitive to change than others.

Back