Mushroom Update - EC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mushroom

Reaction score
Mushroom has been doing great this month, as I have been recording in his blog here: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f18/mushroom-ec-76352/

But just now his vets just called to tell me his titre is very high, and he needs to go on another 30 day course of panacur straight after this one is done (making it 60 day). I am a bit scared - is it normal for EC titres to be so high halfway through a 30 day treatment?

I would not worry about the titers being high as long as he is showing so much improvement with treatment. When was the blood sample sent out and how long ago was that?
I do believe that probably the vet will be taking another titer at some time to compare one with the other.
Sorry I didn't reread the previous thread !

Thanks for the reply Angie. I am going to try to not worry as much and focus on the fact that he is doing so so much better.

The titer the vets called about last night was taken 2 weeks into treatment of a 30 day cycle. Treatment started Sun Aug 3, blood sample was taken Fri Aug 16. The Aug 16 is the only titer Mushroom has had done so far because he was too ill the night of Sun Aug 3 for bloodwork. He is going in for another titer near the end of Sept when the 60 days will be near over.

I wouldn't worry too much if the titer was only done two weeks into treatment...that's just halfway into a normal 28 day treatment. Titers can be done in two-week intervals.

Latest posts

Back